Silver corsa b envoy 12v

For New & Continuing Projects Only.
NOT for past projects or questions.
johnny
Senior Moderator

Re: Silver corsa b envoy 12v

Post by johnny »

Cmcorsa wrote:Think I personally prefer Mhws aswell bud thanks for nice comments mades it worth while I guess

So my multi meter arrived today not used one since my college days haha

So went and checked ecu plug

It's getting a live to this red wire and a switched live to this black wire

So does this mean it's probably an earth problem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Only seen this now, black should be switched live affik anyway, black was switched in the corsa sports anyway

Sent from my SM-G900F
If it doesn't fit,
force it,
If it breaks,
It needed replacing anyway :thumbs:
Cmcorsa
CB-Uk User

Post by Cmcorsa »

johnny wrote:
Cmcorsa wrote:Think I personally prefer Mhws aswell bud thanks for nice comments mades it worth while I guess

So my multi meter arrived today not used one since my college days haha

So went and checked ecu plug

It's getting a live to this red wire and a switched live to this black wire

So does this mean it's probably an earth problem?

Only seen this now, black should be switched live affik anyway, black was switched in the corsa sports anyway

Sent from my SM-G900F
Live is black on vectra according to the guide? Plug gets a live feed just to double check ignition live and why coil pack ain't getting a feed

Not much to update guys been too busy with my new job nearly forgot about the corsa haha till Sunday which was sunny

Bought a machine polisher and wet and dry sand paper and couple more rollers so that's the next step once I'm back off night shift

Also painted slabs silver and refitted the mhw and phase 2 bumpers after I painted those

Prefer it a lot more tbh

Also collected these gaz adjustable mini rear struts for maximum lows front will need brung down a touch more and 195/45/15 all round for the stance I'm after

Then once outside is done I will work my way from back to front exhaust needs completing big brake conversion needs discs and then get it fitted refurb front coilovers and redo wiring
Cmcorsa
CB-Uk User

Post by Cmcorsa »

Had an early finish today so got stuck into the corsa for a wee while since we have cracking weather

Exhaust system is all aligned going weld it all up soon race tub is on also

Rear mini shocks and my "custom" springs

Now sits really low and need to run 195/45/15

Freshened up the front wheel arches and coilovers

Also removed helper springs sits like this now

Will look better with 195/45/15 tyres all round though underside is pretty much done now

Cmcorsa
CB-Uk User

Post by Cmcorsa »

well another failure at trying get it running I've am at a lost end don't have any daily transport atm d over s work van and can't fun around in that when I'm off so going strip the engine out the corsa and start all over! Doing something that ain't been done before is proving its difficulties

Had a quick browse online managed to find a 2.0 16v ecotec no everyone's cup of tea but it's complete with ecu loom etc exhaust manifold coolant hoses drive shafts everything bar a gearbox and got it at a bargain price

So I popped to the west coast of Glasgow to pick it up 3 hour round trip later

Just need a gearbox and conversion mounts and larger hub flanges. Can pick them up new on eBay so that's handy. Least I can paint engine bay properly and and al paint the 2.0 all up so its all fresh looking

Cmcorsa
CB-Uk User

Post by Cmcorsa »

Couple hours spare this morning got a birthday party later spend removing the unwanted power steering and calibra engine mounts

Quick paint and freshen up block needs a 2nd coat tbh

Few other bits I got

Painted my vectra calipers

And ordered these

More soon

Cmcorsa
CB-Uk User

Post by Cmcorsa »

Discs arrived bloody huge lol

Won't get them fitted till weekend if I'm off or might wait and get braided hoses while am at it

Selection of shiny bolts ordered first lot arrived today

Cmcorsa
CB-Uk User

Post by Cmcorsa »

Couple other updates

Drivers side conversion mount bought

Also bought this strengthening kit since my cross member is a little soft in areas

Also more tesa loom tape, new number plates and holders and hopefully collecting a f18gearbox this weekend

Finally got some of the new bolts fitted and colour coded the timing belt cover

Cmcorsa
CB-Uk User

Post by Cmcorsa »

Went and collected a f16 gearbox this morning should make it accelerate pretty decent

More bolts arrived so got them fitted looking loads better now also fitted my new intake pipe going get a new one for after the afm and new filter while am at it

Cmcorsa
CB-Uk User

Post by Cmcorsa »

Finish night shift last night had a wee sleep and decided to get stuck into the corsa today

Downpipe and arb removed tie bars unbolted

Engine mounts undone gear linkage removed coolant drained rad out hoses undone

Then engine lowered out

Gearbox painted

Luckily I had an old transducer for the gearbox

Now Ive compared the driveshafts calibra ones are thicker there slightly longer will that be ok

Also ordered arb lowering blocks and bought a ecu kit online

That's all for now

Cmcorsa
CB-Uk User

Post by Cmcorsa »

Another good day outside so got stuck into the corsa again really motivated Atm

Finished removing the 1.8 and repainted the full pay except crossmember

Painted the gearbox engine block and few other bits

Then I started to swap brakes over and what a nightmare that turned out to be as can't remove passenger caliper bolts proper rounded

Slabs just fit over lol

My strenthening kit arrived so al get that welded onto crossmember and painted hopefully next weekend

Cmcorsa
CB-Uk User

Post by Cmcorsa »

Weathers a bit poo atm but got an hour or so at the corsa earlier

Start charge loom removed

Looked crap so got the loom tape out

Bm came in handy for sitting it when it rained lol

Rear mount painted up done it silver to match the box

Also anyone got a plate that is missing of my box my 1.0 box doesn't have it

nathcarr
CB-Uk User

Post by nathcarr »

All coming together lad shame to hear that the 1.8 conversion didn't go as planned but least you got something else sorted for its replacement and you didn't give up so thumbs up for that lad [emoji106] the 2.0 will be better anyway I would of thought least there's a lot of info out there if you get stuck because a lot of people have done it and parts are easy to get for the conversions so should be less of a pain to rectify any problems you may come across. Keep up the good work lad [emoji106]

Cmcorsa
CB-Uk User

Post by Cmcorsa »

nathcarr wrote:All coming together lad shame to hear that the 1.8 conversion didn't go as planned but least you got something else sorted for its replacement and you didn't give up so thumbs up for that lad [emoji106] the 2.0 will be better anyway I would of thought least there's a lot of info out there if you get stuck because a lot of people have done it and parts are easy to get for the conversions so should be less of a pain to rectify any problems you may come across. Keep up the good work lad [emoji106]

Thanks bud would of been easy to give in but got myself back working now and a work van etc so no needing pay insurance or anything arm means I've plenty funds to build it right this time. Shame it's a bank holiday today been waiting on parts arriving lol the ecotec won't be everyone's choice but it's basically a Redtop anyway I've built one of them before so I know what I'm doing this time which helps
Cmcorsa
CB-Uk User

Post by Cmcorsa »

Had a little while spare earlier so got stuck in about the x20xev wiring

Found a couple split wires and dodgey repairs so sorted them out and started loom wrapping takes ages this but looks so much better afterwards

ImageImage

Next up was the corsa 9pin plug

Going to soldier these connections that's why wires are wrapped together atm

Was going to get start and charge loom fitted but weather changed and my garage is a mess atm once that's done i will make a start on the corsas wiring

Cmcorsa
CB-Uk User

Post by Cmcorsa »

The joys of night shift a cant sleep well during the day so instead of lying in bed bored I decided to finish off the corsa wiring

Start charge loom swapped over

Ran into an issue tho not sure where this earth cable should go now since usually it's on top starter bolt

Next up removed the loom got it loom taped up then brung into the house to solider up

Ecu set arrived

The fitment for plug was slightly different but modified it with the solider iron and now it fits also soldiered the 9 pin plug onto the loom

Just need the male side of 9 pin plug to wire into the corsa 1.0 loom as don't fancy doing a dash loom swap