Silver corsa b envoy 12v

For New & Continuing Projects Only.
NOT for past projects or questions.
Cmcorsa
CB-Uk User

Re: Silver corsa b envoy 12v

Post by Cmcorsa »

Hey guys so a lot happened last week there getting a vectra for parts unfortunately I haven't been well since then a did however get an hour at the corsa thinking I was feeling better ended up Worse off the same night

Managed to get the ecu plug wired up put a battery on and nothing happend so think there's a loose wire somewhere going pull loom back into footwell and solider it all properly

And got the manifold on hopefully can get a aftermarket one when I'm working again nice 421 be nice

Thinking aswell painting the car white ive paint left over from the bmw doing bumpers black like poverty spec

Along lines of this

Found my supertouring badges fired them on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cmcorsa
CB-Uk User

Post by Cmcorsa »

Refitted the factory top hat gives slightly more clearance a cone filter since the airbox wouldn't sit right and heat wrapped the manifold 1st time doing this it's quite itchy lol

I quite like it!

nathcarr
CB-Uk User

Post by nathcarr »

I think the respray to white with black bumpers will look really smart mate [emoji106] White is always a good colour because when it's clean it looks super clean. Loving the heat wrap on the manifold too I love anything that's wrapped in it, just looks right....also fully agree with it being itchy stuff I done my motorbike exhaust headers and I was still itching hours afterwards haha

Cmcorsa
CB-Uk User

Post by Cmcorsa »

Thanks mate ive bought the paint but it's not white! After a few nights I made a choice and hopefully it's going look sweet started the strip down today though

New wheel colour is gloss black so painted my 5th spare wheel 1st

Satin black door handles

Got more wiring connectors and once engine bay wiring is pulled back into the footwell again the ecu wiring should be connected up and hopefully try and get it to fire!

Cmcorsa
CB-Uk User

Post by Cmcorsa »

Got a bit more done today since the weather was nice

Arch trims door handles roof rails scuttle panel were done satin black to give them a freshen up! Still got bumper tops to do

While waiting for paint to dry I fitted the downpipe and its so close to the factory corsa centre section!

Wheel spacers and longer bmw bolts for front

Then started the painful rub down

All rusty bits I could find were treated with this

Didn't find any actual holes or any rotten parts so happy days car is nice and solid

Anyone any idea why my stereo doesn't come on ive checked all fuses and all are ok stereo fuse is ok also anything else I can check?

nathcarr
CB-Uk User

Post by nathcarr »

Good to here that the body is solid lad makes things a lot easier when your not welding up holes and stuff, making some good progress on it now mate, can't wait to see it once the body is done [emoji106]

As for the stereo not coming on I know it might sound stupid but have you got your live wire plugged in for it, because there should be a Red one which is perm live and a yellow one for the memory and I went to swap mine over one day so that my stereo would remember my presets and forgot to plug the actual live wire back in and wondered why it wouldn't switch on, just a suggestion because when your doing loads of jobs all at the same time it's easy to miss something simple like that. Other than that I would check the remote turn on wire should be blue and white

Cmcorsa
CB-Uk User

Post by Cmcorsa »

nathcarr wrote:Good to here that the body is solid lad makes things a lot easier when your not welding up holes and stuff, making some good progress on it now mate, can't wait to see it once the body is done [emoji106]

As for the stereo not coming on I know it might sound stupid but have you got your live wire plugged in for it, because there should be a Red one which is perm live and a yellow one for the memory and I went to swap mine over one day so that my stereo would remember my presets and forgot to plug the actual live wire back in and wondered why it wouldn't switch on, just a suggestion because when your doing loads of jobs all at the same time it's easy to miss something simple like that. Other than that I would check the remote turn on wire should be blue and white

Thanks mate it's getting there hopefully have it all done this week maybe see what happens. Just stared a new job so hoping I can get this on the road soon

Cmcorsa
CB-Uk User

Post by Cmcorsa »

Hey guys quick update was cracking on with the paint prep today

Managed to get a fair bit done

Wire wheel on a grinder for all the flakey rust bits I found can see the plates been welded on rear archs 2 more at front jacking point aswell

Then prepped bumpers and spoiler and mirrors still to prime a few bits and pieces

Then had a go at rewiring the ecu plug up so went online found a guy done same swap on migweb so thought good this will be good help so he said wiring is same as x18xe1 but with additional 6 wires for throttle sensor

So went n found the guide for that wired it colour for colour per the guide

So pulled loom back through to engine bay and got it plugged up then filled her up with oil and turned the key nope nothing! No spark or fuel so atm I'm pretty pissed off now maybe because throttle sensor isn't connected but that's a mission aswell since there's 6 wires needing joined and there's 2 brown 2 grey and 2 black and white

No idea which goes to which going try find a z18xe Vectra wiring diagram for ecu plug and if anyone has a 1.0 litre corsa b one that be handy

Also can't get stereo working checked fuses checked fuse on stereo wiring seems fine fan and hazards work as does everything else apart from that so no idea if something behind my dash is fried

Cmcorsa
CB-Uk User

Silver corsa b envoy 12v

Post by Cmcorsa »

So I had a look online and perhaps the guide I used isnt 100percent correct

This is what I found on migweb

So using that as the older wiring is the same I done this

Someone said check a red cable in the vectra loom possibly that's the live but I'm paid on Monday so going order all this lot

Saves me getting let down by folk offering to help only thing is gotta pull loom back into car to wire it up and it's a pain squeezing it through the clutch and brake pedal lol then the live isn't connected to battery so nothing works Al just need to run a jump lead to battery from passenger side door hopefully finally I can get this swap finished don't want to give up coming this far!

Cmcorsa
CB-Uk User

Silver corsa b envoy 12v

Post by Cmcorsa »

Quick update and teaser of new colour

Cmcorsa
CB-Uk User

Post by Cmcorsa »

Well cracked on today now this isn't sprayed on ive done a lot of research and after doing the same with my bm I decided to roller it with a paint called rustoleum ive seen a lot of vw boys use it on there vans etc not everyone's choice but the paintwork was shocking on it and I hated it

Now this will take a few weeks to get perfect but today was 1st coat on the rest of shell

Started off by priming a few bits then flattened them down and got cracking all window seals removed etc masked a couple bits

Couple up close shots

Just a little orange peel to flatten before next coat goes on!

nathcarr
CB-Uk User

Post by nathcarr »

Fare play pal I've never actually seen a car in the flesh that has been roller painted before and dont actually know anything about doing it? I've always done mine from a spray gun haha, so what the next step in the process for this then dude?? How many coats and stuff?? Look forward to seeing more pics

Cmcorsa
CB-Uk User

Post by Cmcorsa »

nathcarr wrote:Fare play pal I've never actually seen a car in the flesh that has been roller painted before and dont actually know anything about doing it? I've always done mine from a spray gun haha, so what the next step in the process for this then dude?? How many coats and stuff?? Look forward to seeing more pics

My bm looks shocking tbh I rushed it at the time but being a drift car it was function over form sort off and the fact I built it out 3 different cars so the panels were different colours

So with the corsa I prepped it properly etc and got a better quality paint it's an enamel so ive rollered the 1st layer after thinning it 5 part paint 2 parts thinners using a foam 4" roller applied it to the car

Next I will leave it to harden then flatten with 1000 wet and dry then apply another coat then flatten again and another layer then possibly if it's looking all nice and red I will flatten and polish up. More time consuming than spraying etc but I didn't have 2k sitting go get it painted and this is within my limits as I'm pish at using a spray gun lol

Cmcorsa
CB-Uk User

Post by Cmcorsa »

Couple more up close shots from my iPhone 5s

stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

I done the roof or my Corsa black with a roller lol. And done the bumpers and arch trims with a paintbrush. I used a €7 tin of aldi's finest metalcare paint lol.

Sent from my G7-L01 using Tapatalk