Re: The Starlet!

Post by stanc3w0rks »

Is that a 1.3 corolla inlet mani??

Sent from my GT-I8200N using Tapatalk
Westley
CB-Uk User

Post by Westley »

stanc3w0rks wrote:Is that a 1.3 corolla inlet mani??

It certainly is a corolla inlet mani! I got it cheap from someone who was breaking a reflet import starlet, he was selling parts cheap as he got the car as an not failure for like £90

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

I've heard that advancing the timing a degree or two works wonders for these engines. Great free performance mod.

Westley
CB-Uk User

Post by Westley »

stanc3w0rks wrote:I've heard that advancing the timing a degree or two works wonders for these engines. Great free performance mod.

I have looked into this, it does increase the power a fair amount but with the positives comes a few negatives and it puts a lot more strain on the engine, therefore is rather keep it as it is for now! Plans for turbo in the future anyway!

Recently got some more done!

Rear strut brace installed, this cost a whole sum of £50 and has made a very noticeable difference, the rear is no longer like jelly and is solid:

New weighted gear knob: cost like £6

Got a shift extender so now the gear knob sits about 10cm away from the steering wheel for them super fast shifts [emoji23] it's nice to use tbh.

Aftermarket deep dish wheel arrived, just waiting for all the other components to arrive so I can fit it.

Cleaned up under the scuttle panel.

Gave the wiper arms and scuttle a quick lick of black paint:

And removed the rub strips:

Looks much cleaner without them! So mods may slow down a little bit as I am skint! But once I've got my funds back together the good parts will be coming! I will finally have a car with lows! LOTS of plans for the future, so if you don't mind a bit of Toyota then keep your eyes peeled [emoji4]

stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

How is the wiper linkage in yours out of interest? [emoji14]

Westley
CB-Uk User

Post by Westley »

The wipers themselves work brilliantly, the only issue I have is when I use the screen wash they don't come on automatically [emoji23] so I have to start my wipers before cleaning my screen

stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

Yeah mine done that too. My linkage had the very common problem of stopping half way up the window.

Westley
CB-Uk User

Post by Westley »

I have a little update, lowering Spring has are fitted, it feels good to finally have a car lowered! Admittedly it's not the lowest it could be but I am over the moon with it and it feels much better than stock.

But like with all positive things comes a negative in the world of modifying cars! A wheel but snapped when trying to be removed so the shock/Spring had to be changed with the wheel still on.

I have some better quality ones on there way to me and the garage will sort it out for me free of charge. The but snapped off from the thread upwards so it's still screwed on but there no grip to remove it...

Annnnnnd I have this little beauty on its way to me!
Was a nice price has a scrape on the bottom of the tip but ah well! But yes these are apparently really good back boxes.

Many plans for the future and I am excited to further progress

stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

Jasma exhausts are really good imo! I think the only reason the car doesn't look as low is bacuase of the wheels.

Westley
CB-Uk User

Post by Westley »

Well from what I've read up on Jasma is on all jdm exhausts it's like the safety/noise standard all exhausts need to pass in Japan

And someone said that: 051 on a Jasma system means its made by HKS

And yeah that's true about the wheels, for starters the tyres are too big, and I'm fancying some nice 14" wheels eventually

stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

I think 14s would suit it alot more. They are really nice speedlines though. We put a jasma cat back on a glanza before and it sounded pretty good.

Westley
CB-Uk User

Post by Westley »

stanc3w0rks wrote:I think 14s would suit it alot more. They are really nice speedlines though. We put a jasma cat back on a glanza before and it sounded pretty good.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking! And I know I love the Sr speedlines! Always loved them and always wanted a set which is why I'm finding it hard to part with them or change them! I'd rather them in silver though...

Yeah I'm looking forward to just having a noisy car again [emoji23]

Westley
CB-Uk User

Post by Westley »

Had a fair few updates since the last haha!

Git a new parcel shelf which came from a glanza, these speakers are also a very rare optional I believe, unfortunately I didn't have the plug lying about behind the plastics like it usually is so had to wire them up myself and use female spades to wire into the plug but it all works and sounds spot on!

Old wiring:
All ripped out and wires soldered and shrink wrapped! And the plug:

Then I got my hands on a glanza rear bumper for £50 and my mate got his neighbour to spray it for £80 so massive result!

Then I got 4 brand new uniroyal rainsport 3's and had a full alignment done safe to say the car felt heaps better and gripped like crazy! No struggling in corners at all!

But the guy fitting my tyres shouted me over to ask if I knew about this damage:
The garage who fitted my tein springs that snapped a wheel nut did this, they said they'd sort the snapped wheel but so I let them as they offered to do it free if I brought the nuts, they didn't however tell me they had drilled 3 holes straight through my alloy and wheel stud... So I have a replacement stud and am now waiting to either replace the ruined speedline or get different alloys :/

Got some new smaller plates, the old ones were ruined

And then some much better front seats from a GT Turbo! Pretty much a direct fit you just have to trim off a few locating pins etc:

And last but not least I got a custom catback made from cobra sport! It is amazing!

stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

I threw out a set of those speakers from my Starlet :O

Sent from my G7-L01 using Tapatalk