The Starlet!

For New & Continuing Projects Only.
NOT for past projects or questions.
Westley
CB-Uk User

The Starlet!

Post by Westley »

So since I was about 7 I have always had a burning love for the Toyota Starlet. Mainly as I grew up with one from that age for about 8 years and it was a beast.

So on Friday I sold my car to a friend and went and picked up this beauty!
Got it home gave it a huge clean, clay, and a coat of fusso!

As the car came it had 76k on the clock, a well looked after engine, glanza brakes, a front strut brace, come filter and a GT Turbo spoiler oh and speedlines all round with matching hancook tyres! The car has been faultless so far!

Today I continued cleaning... But first I had noticed the seatbelt (clip part) was a bit loose so took the seat out, and had a look

It looks like around the bolt is meant to be a thin washer, which I found in the casing. Looks to have snapped and fallen off the bolt somehow so the bolt isn't fully pressing the seatbelt in securely.
This is it

Anyway so got to work cleaning the interior and removing the tints. The rear window tint was creased and tbh I think the car needed lightening up and it looks much better!

And finally gave the bay a quick wipe down!

As of now I'm just loving the car as it is! Many plans for the future so keep your eyes peeled!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
johnny
Senior Moderator

Re: The Starlet!

Post by johnny »

Looks so clean mate, but I'm currently not a massive fan I don't know what I don't like about either there's just somthing not right

As you start to work on it I'm sure I'll come around because I do like these starlets
If it doesn't fit,
force it,
If it breaks,
It needed replacing anyway :thumbs:
charliearmi
CB-Uk User

Post by charliearmi »

I have to agree im not a lover unless its a lush looked after glanza v..
Westley
CB-Uk User

Post by Westley »

Haha don't worry guys I understand that! Not a lot of people like them as much as other cars but give it some time and pull change your minds [emoji16]

nathcarr
CB-Uk User

Post by nathcarr »

Looks clean enough mate my mate at work has a starlet and he loves it his is slammed new Rotas and them strips taken off the door and cupra front chin splitter looks really good with all that on like,what modifications you plan on doing to her in the future mate (if any) oh and looks better without the tints bud here's a pic off my mates starlet that's my b in the background [emoji41]

Westley
CB-Uk User

Post by Westley »

Thanks! Yeah that starlet of your friends looks spot on! I do have a lot of plans tbh! Just gotta build the funds back up! Plus get my second years no claims at the end of the year so coilovers and other big stuff will be coming early next year (hopefully) but visual wise I have a lot of plans [emoji16]

stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

Looks nice man and love starlets. Heres the one I had for a few weeks and now regret selling.
ImageImageImageImage
I replaced those alloys with 7.5j/8.5j banded steelies.

Sent from my GT-I8200N using Tapatalk
Westley
CB-Uk User

Post by Westley »

Thanks stance! Yeah I remember when you had the build thread up! That colour though! I've only ever seen 5 doors in that colour [emoji7] shame you got rid man! Looked great on the bandies

Barraclough
CB-Uk User

The Starlet!

Post by Barraclough »

Never knew about these until now, kinda reminds me of a cross between a Corsa b and a micra [emoji16]
Liking the colour [emoji106]
Westley
CB-Uk User

Post by Westley »

Really? You've been missing out barra [emoji14] they are surprisingly fast for a 1.3! Surprise a fair few people out in the roads

andy w
CB-Uk User

Post by andy w »

Looks good mate but sorry not a fan of the starlets seen tooo many of these in my time [emoji38] tbh ive always been nissan over toyota on the jap side but never the less it looks like a cracking motor and from what I no these are highly tunerable as there's alot of mods for these on the market as there a quite a followed car

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
If it ain't green and black send it back :D
Westley
CB-Uk User

Post by Westley »

andy w wrote:Looks good mate but sorry not a fan of the starlets seen tooo many of these in my time [emoji38] tbh ive always been nissan over toyota on the jap side but never the less it looks like a cracking motor and from what I no these are highly tunerable as there's alot of mods for these on the market as there a quite a followed car

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Haha I understand that [emoji23] like I've said already they aren't the most sought after car but I have always wanted one [emoji16] and yes there is so much you can do to these little rockets

stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

Westley wrote:Thanks stance! Yeah I remember when you had the build thread up! That colour though! I've only ever seen 5 doors in that colour [emoji7] shame you got rid man! Looked great on the bandies

Mine was resprayed that color. Looked even nicer as it was laquered so it shined up nice. They are pretty quick for a 1.3

Sent from my GT-I8200N using Tapatalk
Westley
CB-Uk User

Post by Westley »

[/quote]
Mine was resprayed that color. Looked even nicer as it was laquered so it shined up nice. They are pretty quick for a 1.3

Sent from my GT-I8200N using Tapatalk[/quote]

Ah that's why I've not seen any other 3 doors in that colour! Ha! Yeah they are, and I'll be purchasing a corolla inlet manifold this Friday too! And got a gearstick extender, an extra 3", I've noticed when shifting to 1st my arm is fully stretched out, so an extender combined with a short shifter means less travel for my hand from the wheel to the stick and shorter shifts! [emoji16] short shifter will be purchased next hopefully

Westley
CB-Uk User

Post by Westley »

Got a bit of work done recently, and more is to come! Anyway over the weekend I got my new inlet manifold fitted. I got a corolla inlet manifold for £40 which is crazy good, it's a beast compared to the stock inlet.
Before:

After:

It has made a difference tbh, it may not be much but I can feel it and it now sounds even better induction wise.

Also got a toms radiator cap for a whole £10! Just to liven up the bay a little bit

Few more bits to come in the near future