Corsa b project log 1.0

For New & Continuing Projects Only.
NOT for past projects or questions.
TheFinnMill
CB-Uk User

Re: Corsa b project log 1.0

Post by TheFinnMill »

Would love it if my C was Arden, best Vauxhall colour by far!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
johnny
Senior Moderator

Post by johnny »

TheFinnMill wrote:Would love it if my C was Arden, best Vauxhall colour by far!

Agree with this 100%[emoji38]I've already got a quote from a mate for a full colour change to arden blue

Sent from my SM-G900F
If it doesn't fit,
force it,
If it breaks,
It needed replacing anyway :thumbs:
TheFinnMill
CB-Uk User

Post by TheFinnMill »

johnny wrote:
TheFinnMill wrote:Would love it if my C was Arden, best Vauxhall colour by far!

Agree with this 100%[emoji38]I've already got a quote from a mate for a full colour change to arden blue

Sent from my SM-G900F
Jealousy.

johnny
Senior Moderator

Post by johnny »

Aw it's way to pricey I always forget how much work is actually in a full colour change, no idea why the c is the only model that didn't get arden blue

Sent from my SM-G900F
If it doesn't fit,
force it,
If it breaks,
nathcarr
CB-Uk User

Post by nathcarr »

So no real massive update today but have got some pics for everyone.

Went into work this morning and started in the refit stage and started flattening with 2000 wet and dry followed by 3000 and then 6000 and then polishing. Haven't got it all polished but made a start should be finished the polishing by Monday night hopefully having tomorrow off so no work on it tomorrow. And then the window lad is coming to put the rear quarter window in on Tuesday so will be taking it home on Tuesday night,

The rear arch spats fit perfectly against the rear bumper and rear quarter now with having put the genuine clip kit on them however the front bumper is causing the front arch spats not to fit properly so I need to rectify that but other than that, starting to make progress [emoji106]

Cmcorsa
CB-Uk User

Post by Cmcorsa »

Looks awsome dude

nathcarr
CB-Uk User

Corsa b project log 1.0

Post by nathcarr »

Car is all back together now and the fresh paint work has been flatted and polished, haven't got any pics yet though as this whole week has just flown in. Hopefully will get some tomorrow because gonna get the clay kit out if it's nice and do the whole car (apart from the side that's been painted as that's fresh) and then HD wax it all [emoji4]. Got myself a fresh clay kit today

Also I don't know how much of a deal this is but I managed to get a full set of genuine mudflaps from my local Vauxhall dealer - brand new. I was quite impressed because I didn't think I would be able to, and they come with the complete fitting kit as well [emoji4][emoji106] so gonna get them fitting at some point over the bank holiday too. Image

At the moment the spoiler is still off the car as I'm really liking the look of it without at the moment and a few of my mates have commented saying it looks well without, I'm gonna still paint it up incase I decide I want it back on but at the moment I like how it looks.

Still to do is the roof repaired and painted fit a new exhaust system (sportex hopefully) get the new clutch in the new engine and put the engine in car. And I'm currently on the search for some rear leathers but if I can't find any I'm just gonna put the standards seats back in I think and kinda go with the original look inside. Then hopefully the car will almost be ready for PVS [emoji16][emoji16] more updates soon lads
Cheers
Nath

stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

That super resin polish is great stuff! Works really well on chrome finishes too.

Sent from my G7-L01 using Tapatalk
nathcarr
CB-Uk User

Post by nathcarr »

stanc3w0rks wrote:That super resin polish is great stuff! Works really well on chrome finishes too.

Ahh I'll bare that in mind for the little bits of chrome stuff of the bike, I love all the auto glym stuff I rate as probably one of the best products on the market ( that you can buy from the shelf that is)
stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

Yeah I love autoglym. I done the chrome bits on my bike with the super resin polish. Didn't realise it had such a shine to it haha.

johnny
Senior Moderator

Post by johnny »

stanc3w0rks wrote:Yeah I love autoglym. I done the chrome bits on my bike with the super resin polish. Didn't realise it had such a shine to it haha.

Give it a rub with steel wool before the polish next time and you won't look back, makes an absolute treat of chrome

Sent from my SM-G900F
If it doesn't fit,
force it,
If it breaks,
stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

I actually read about that but was worried I would loose the shine and it would be dull. Tinfoil is supposed to work too.

johnny
Senior Moderator

Post by johnny »

The steel wool will bring up the shine it gets rid of all the tiny imperfections aswell

Sent from my SM-G900F
If it doesn't fit,
force it,
If it breaks,
nathcarr
CB-Uk User

Post by nathcarr »

Yeah this does work a mate of mine does it in his exhaust tips and they always look mint after he's done it, like you say Johnny it must take out all the little bits of pitting in the chrome

nathcarr
CB-Uk User

Post by nathcarr »

So I don't know what everyone's thoughts are but I'm going to pick up a gsi interior today, I know my motor isn't a gsi but I just really like the seats and I've have up trying to find some decent leather rears, at least this was the rear seats will just go in and there in very good condition as well, what's people's thoughts on the gsi interior