Arden Blue - Corsa B 1.0

For New & Continuing Projects Only.
NOT for past projects or questions.
CORSABM8
CB-Uk User

Re: Arden Blue - Corsa B 1.0

Post by CORSABM8 »

12/7/15

Put together a to-do list for the Corsa.

-New rubbers for the backbox - its hanging too low, want it right up against the bumper
-Fit the cream gear gator once its arrives
-Fix drivers interior door handle (rod keeps popping out from clip) :boggle:
-Paint the drums black
-Gloss black Tigra scuttle panel

Gave the car the usual Sunday clean, fun stuff.

Rare pics with bonnet open

13/7/15

Bought a private plate this morning.

Always wanted a private plate, and have been looking off and on for ages but have never found anything that resembled my name for sale.

But found this recently, wanted it as soon as I seen it.

anyway, here is the plate :)

(JASON)

14/7/15

This arrived this morning, exciting stuff.

The colour match is not 100% next to the seats to be honest, it's not too bad but it's a bit whiter and less cream. But I'll put it on and see what it looks like.

Changed leather gear gator today, nice and easy job.

Colour match is not perfect, but actually looks better now its fitted than i was expecting.

Just wan't some cream rear calibra seats and that will be the inside finished, was playing with the idea of doing a carpeted false floor but i think i'd prefer just having the matching rear seats.
:)
diggerhole
CB-Uk User

Post by diggerhole »

Love the cream

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
CORSABM8
CB-Uk User

Post by CORSABM8 »

CORSABM8
CB-Uk User

Post by CORSABM8 »

Finally fixed my interior door handle today, ended up getting the rod out the door of my old corsa and swapping it which seems to have worked great. No idea what the issue with the rod was maybe it was bent which caused it to keep popping out?

Usual clean inside and out as well, with some photos :thumbs:

nathcarr
CB-Uk User

Post by nathcarr »

That interior looks absolutely mint mate!! Really really like that may have to purchase some of them myself [emoji4] can I ask where you found the number plate plinths from pal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TheFinnMill
CB-Uk User

Post by TheFinnMill »

Think this is my favourite Corsa ever! Looks so good! Didn't think the cream would look good at all but it laughs in the face of the black, so much better!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CORSABM8
CB-Uk User

Post by CORSABM8 »

nathcarr wrote:That interior looks absolutely mint mate!! Really really like that may have to purchase some of them myself [emoji4] can I ask where you found the number plate plinths from pal
Cheers :), I'd been looking for clean cream ones for ages.. Didn't want anything tatty like my black ones.

If you mean the surrounds they were from eBay. Only about £10 irrc, main thing I like them for is not having to screw the plates on.
CORSABM8
CB-Uk User

Post by CORSABM8 »

TheFinnMill wrote:Think this is my favourite Corsa ever! Looks so good! Didn't think the cream would look good at all but it laughs in the face of the black, so much better!

Cheers :), definitely better corsa's around, but I'm at the point where I'm pretty happy with it now.
Rían P
CB-Uk User

Post by Rían P »

Just read the whole thread and this is one clean corsa! Fair play to you. Love the cream leather and well done for finding a set that's basically brand new.
The creamd gaiter actually really suits the interior and I don't notice any difference. How did you fit the cream one? Do you have to put the staples back through the gaiter or does it just wrap round the wee plastic thing?
CORSABM8
CB-Uk User

Post by CORSABM8 »

Cheers bud.

Fitting the gator is pretty simple, i re-stapled the gator onto the plastic base as i didnt wan't it to be loose or start coming up :)
CORSABM8
CB-Uk User

Post by CORSABM8 »

*22/5/15*

Bought some new number plates with my new reg on them, just went with plain plastic ones this time.

I've sent my stuff off for the plate to be transferred, so just waiting to get that back so I can put them on. Not sure how long that will take though.

*1/8/15*

Got my V5 back yesterday, so called my Insurance and got my plates on this morning.

I'm happy with how the plain plastic plates look.

Also got new exhaust rubbers, back box is hanging too low with the ones it's got now.

Still looking for some cream rear seats, not much planned after that don't really want to keep throwing money at the car anymore.

*2/8/15*

Fit the exhaust rubber today, Backbox is a lot close to the bumper now so doesn't look like it's hanging off and it doesn't move or rattle while driving now.

New vs old

Swapped

Much tighter to the bumper now

Overall photos..

I think I'm going to look into the cost of getting my original Corsa club rear bench re-trimmed in cream leather to match the fronts, don't think I've got any chance of finding someone who's selling just the rears (In cream).

:wave:
CORSABM8
CB-Uk User

Post by CORSABM8 »

I haven't really done anything to the corsa recently and haven't been on here I a while, but have a few things to update now. picked up some new mirrors that had just been painted - the black plastic bits are colour coded Arden blue :)

The old ones -

And swapped

Also took the rear seats out a few weeks ago, got bored of not having matching seats and I'm going to be selling the black ones as a set..

Very loud in side.

Then Finally found some one breaking a Calibra who had cream Interior and was willing to sell the rears separately, bought them and arranged a courier and they arrived the other day.

I'd already put calibra rears in when I had back leathers but they came straight out a Corsa so had already been modified, these required a fair bit of work to get them in as the things on the backrest where in the wrong place to fit into a Corsa.

Still had my original club Interior so used them as the donors

Image20150918_153004 by Jsn1995, on Flickr

Image20150918_153015 by Jsn1995, on Flickr

And the Calibra ones arrived

Image20150918_153018 by Jsn1995, on Flickr

Took the carpet off the back and swapped the frames/backs for the corsa ones

Image20150919_114458 by Jsn1995, on Flickr

Image20150919_115158 by Jsn1995, on Flickr

Had to make my own holes for the split part as they don't have them standard on Calibra

Image20150919_121930 by Jsn1995, on Flickr

Trimmed the carpet to match the shape of the corsa back as best I could then re attached with the plugs

Image20150919_151551 by Jsn1995, on Flickr

And overall pics in the car after a clean.

Image20150919_151705 by Jsn1995, on Flickr

Image20150919_152039 by Jsn1995, on Flickr

Image20150919_151922 by Jsn1995, on Flickr

Image20150919_152745 by Jsn1995, on Flickr

Left the bottom as it was straight out of the Calibra to avoid the baggy bin bag look of the black ones I had which where black leather swapped onto the corsa bench

Should have some more updates come soon as well :)
Barraclough
CB-Uk User

Post by Barraclough »

The seat colour makes the car look fancy haha. How did you find fitting the rears? I found it a nightmare putting the leather over the Corsa metal backs and even more awkward trying to get both in the car because of how chunky they are [emoji16]
CORSABM8
CB-Uk User

Post by CORSABM8 »

The entire process was extremely awkward, getting them onto the part that bolts to the floor and attaches them together was a nightmare.

I look forward to the time someone says "yeah just fold the seats down and we'll put it in the boot" :lol:... Yeah that's not happening
CORSABM8
CB-Uk User

Post by CORSABM8 »

Decided to have the boot semi smoothed, had been wanting to get it done for a while now so took wiper grommet out, boot lock off and the inside bits out and dropped the car off to the bodyshop.

As you can see the boots definitely seen better days.

So after dropping the corsa off, the boot was then done :)

Here's some pics I was sent during

And finished :)

And a few I took after collecting it