Arden Blue - Corsa B 1.0

For New & Continuing Projects Only.
NOT for past projects or questions.
CORSABM8
CB-Uk User

Re: Arden Blue - Corsa B 1.0

Post by CORSABM8 »

Few updates I forgot to post on here for anyone interested.

23/5/15

update time, not a good one though :(

been doing the front bumper past few days, finished it off this morning all went well...

Un-till i went in for a while that is. When i came back i found something had landed on the part id just painted, must have been literally just as i left when the paint was still very wet as the mark(s) where very noticeable :( no way i could leave it looked proper poo.

I did think about just putting old arches back on properly and getting a new front bumper and being done with it as i was pretty gutted but decided to wait for it to dry and scarped/rubbed it back down.

Will be getting back on with it again soon, still got to do two arches and the rear and front bumper.

took one of the rear arches off so i could have a look to see what the glossed one will look like on, will definitely be worth all the hassle and effort it the end :)

Will be stripping all the arches off soon so any rust underneath can be treated and painted before new ones go on.

28/5/15

Got steering wheel fitted today, only issues are the fact air bag light is on.. Either going to take bulb out or get a resistor. Also the horn isn't working at the moment, hopefully get that sorted soon as my MOT is in July.

29/5/15

Got some nicer the photos of the interior today. The interior is pretty much done now :) still keeping an eye out for some of those vauxhall floor mats though think that would finish inside off nicely.

and one of how the outside looks at the moment.

Got a few things that need to be sorted ASAP.

-Tracking needs doing as i just got new tyres due to the old ones wearing unevenly
-Need to get horn working or get a horn wired to a button if i can't
-Remove airbag light bulb
-Need a new screw in drivers sun visor
-Need to bolt the rear seat belts back properly so the plastic thing moves when the belt is pulled, (i bolted them all back wrong at first when i was putting back the pillars after doing them black then once i realised i did the fronts properly but never got round to the rear ones as they aren't used.

then i can get back to doing the bumpers and arches. :wave::wave:
:)
KieranKizzyjones
CB-Uk User

Post by KieranKizzyjones »

Nice in gloss black mate.how did you paint your arch just rubbed down, filler primer then top coat and clear coat.
You going to pvs

Love it...live it
Love it... Live it
CORSABM8
CB-Uk User

Post by CORSABM8 »

Yep thats how they were painted bud, no pvs for me this year bud cars a state at the moment as you'll see in the update below.
CORSABM8
CB-Uk User

Post by CORSABM8 »

30/5/15

Took the air bag light bulb out this morning so no more warning light on all the time

I've also sorted the rear seats belts now (bolted them in properly) and got a new screw for the sun visor.

Monday I'll be going to garage to have my tracking done and hopefully sort my horn out.

2/6/15

Ok, had a change of plans after this weekend. As you will see the posts/pictures about painting bumpers and arches have disappeared :0 after somewhat of a rage quit :lol: .... basically while doing the second coat of the 3rd arch something landed on it AGAIN (this is after the same thing happened to the front bumper last week) so i waited for it to dry flattened down the area but then decided i wasn't going to waste any more money on paint only for it to keep having to be rubbed back down and done again really needs to be done inside and i just don't have anywhere to do it.

I ordered a single rear arch to replace the one i took off (broke the clips) and started looking for a new front bumper (the top of mines been rubbed down) so i could put the car back to how it was before.

Soon changed my mind though as i do want gloss black done, so got it touch with a local bodyshop and have arranged for it all to be painted properly just need to get the rear bumper off and get a full set of new arches (so clips will be intact) then it can be dropped off to be done :)

Also, i took my car to garage today to get my horn sorted.. they told me the reason it wasn't working was because there wasn't a live for it as its the wrong boss (one for a non airbag corsa) so i got them to fit a switch for me to allow me to still use the horn.

works nicely :)

4/6/15

This cars starting to get on my wick, decided i'd remove the drivers side rear arch as they are all coming off now in prep for when new ones are done and I find this....

Rotten :(

Should be dropping new arches and front and rear bumper off to be painted Monday if new arches arrive by then... Also need to get this sorted now I'd imagine it needs cutting out as I can poke through the rust

6/5/15

Little more done today,

more rot found :(

got a rear bumper to put on in the meantime

set of new arches arrived, front and rear bumper all cleaned ready to be taken to be painted :)

CORSABM8
CB-Uk User

Post by CORSABM8 »

Update time.

Dropped the bumpers/arches off to be painted

Bought an arch repair panel.. lucky to find this on ebay with someone selling the side i needed :)

picture i was sent of the bumpers/arches all painted up

Then i dropped the car off to have the rot sorted, dent removed and rear quarter repainted.

New arch in :)

Picture i was sent just after paint

Pictures taken by the place that done the work before i collected it..

And now for loads of pictures like normal that i've taken today after i collected it :D

The reason the petrol caps missing is it still needs to be painted, (its probably painted now) so need to go back tomorrow to get it :)

Also as you may notice mud flaps (front and rear) are gone.. decided i like the look more without them and the front ones damaged my old front arches from scraping :wave:
mbonner02
CB-Uk User

Post by mbonner02 »

Some gloss black skirts to hoping the arches together would finish this 100% looks clean as guck proper smart like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Corsa weapon A.K.A the Scooby Killer ;)
CORSABM8
CB-Uk User

Post by CORSABM8 »

Cheers :).

And yeah lots of people seem to think skirts would be good, I'm not sure weather I want some or not yet myself though
CORSABM8
CB-Uk User

Post by CORSABM8 »

I know i upload about 40 pics yesterday but i gave the car a clean inside and out today (first one since getting the car back), so had to get a few more :D

Still haven't got my petrol flap, forgot about that today so will get it tomorrow :)
KieranKizzyjones
CB-Uk User

Post by KieranKizzyjones »

I think no skirts but whatever you want to do

Love it...live it
Love it... Live it
CORSABM8
CB-Uk User

Post by CORSABM8 »

I'm leaning towards no skirts as well mate. at least for now.
CORSABM8
CB-Uk User

Post by CORSABM8 »

More pics of the car from another day, after a good clean.

And it passed its MOT :)

CORSABM8
CB-Uk User

Post by CORSABM8 »

5/7/15.

Collected my petrol flap from paint few days ago, not happy with it though as there are several problems with it as shown below..

Marks

Bits in the paint

no rubber seal

Bit of a shame as all the other work i had done looks great, anyway... couldn't leave it like that so went on the hunt for a new one and bought one from someone breaking and arden blue Corsa.

New one fitted - much better.

Cleaned up again.

But I'm having a bit of an issue with the interior door handle, before i dropped my car to be MOT'd last week as i got out the car (literally just before handing the keys over) i heard and felt the rod pop out when i tried to open the door.

So yesterday i took the door card etc off to have a look, and as i thought the rod have popped out the hole (not at the end where the chrome interior handle is) but at the other side of the door. So put it back in the hole and pushed the little clip back on top of the rod put the door card back etc then opened the door a couple time with the interior handle but it keeps popping off :boggle:, repeated the process a couple time and it just keeps doing it? any help would be greatly appreciated.
CORSABM8
CB-Uk User

Post by CORSABM8 »

5/7/15.

Collected my petrol flap from paint few days ago, not happy with it though as there are several problems with it as shown below..

Marks

Bits in the paint

no rubber seal

Bit of a shame as all the other work i had done looks great, anyway... couldn't leave it like that so went on the hunt for a new one and bought one from someone breaking and arden blue Corsa.

Cleaned up again.

But I'm having a bit of an issue with the interior door handle, before i dropped my car to be MOT'd last week as i got out the car (literally just before handing the keys over) i heard and felt the rod pop out when i tried to open the door.

So yesterday i took the door card etc off to have a look, and as i thought the rod have popped out the hole (not at the end where the chrome interior handle is) but at the other side of the door. So put it back in the hole and pushed the little clip back on top of the rod put the door card back etc then opened the door a couple time with the interior handle but it keeps popping off :boggle:, repeated the process a couple time and it just keeps doing it? any help would be greatly appreciated.
CORSABM8
CB-Uk User

Post by CORSABM8 »

5/7/15.

Marks

Bits in the paint

no rubber seal

Cleaned up again.

CORSABM8
CB-Uk User

Post by CORSABM8 »

******6/5/15********

Wasn't really planned this updated but ever since I was originally looking for my Calibra leather seats I always thought the cream ones looked cool, never saw any for sale though so just bought some black ones locally. Anyway I still had the search for Calibra leathers set up On my eBay so I'd get notifications when new ones got listed.. Few days ago I got one and had a look and found these..

Mint cream Calibra leathers, they have been re-trimmed in the Original cream colour.

I already know some people will absolutely hate them :lol:, but I had to have these.

Only bought them this afternoon so haven't got them yet

****10/7/15******

Seats arrived today. Very well packaged....

:cool:

As I said before.. Not everyone's taste, but I love them. Think the cream goes so well with Arden blue.

Drivers bolster, (side you get out) :thumbs:

Hopefully get them in this weekend, as long as the weathers not too bad.

*****11/7/15*****

Weather was decent enough today, so got to it..

Seats out

Getting the new ones in after swapping the calibra frames for the corsa ones that i had on the black ones

All in back together and car cleaned inside :)

Also bought a new gear gator, in cream :)

:wave: