Corsa B 1999 1.2 16V "1-7-11"

For New & Continuing Projects Only.
NOT for past projects or questions.
scorpiotn1
CB-Uk User

Re: Corsa B 1999 1.2 16V "1-7-11"

Post by scorpiotn1 »

johnny wrote:I couldn't come on one of them today, I know I got a load of them from a scrap yard one day because I kept loosing them so I know there here somewhere so I'll look again tomorrow
Cheers Johnny, No rush as long as i can get one. i hat my local Scrap Yards, bunch of Pricks so i dont go out of principals. the next best one is over an hours drive away.

I got the Crankshaft sensor, the the new washer jet hose line 3 meter (5mm inner diameter) also got a new Y connector as well.
"I mod for the plesure... Not to drive ignorantly"
Garage: - 1999 Corsa B GSI Rep - 2010 Toyota Auris SR
scorpiotn1
CB-Uk User

Post by scorpiotn1 »

Got the Crankshaft sensor fitted today,

Pics to come.
scorpiotn1
CB-Uk User

Post by scorpiotn1 »

New Sensor in Place ... (Cable was connected after taking the photo)

Old Sensor, doesnt look like it was replaced since the last time i fitted it, even tho mechanic said he put a new one in.

While i was under the car, i had been searching for years for a new replacement plug that fits into the underside of the oil sump, i finally managed to put one in.
The replacement i had was also an old one, so the rubber or plastic that it was made out of was hard and very brittle, i recovered what i could and popped it into place. bit of a hole but not as open as it was before.
i think under it is the flywheel ? so its been exposed for a few years now to the elements. what damage could this have caused ?

scorpiotn1
CB-Uk User

Post by scorpiotn1 »

Connected a new Washer Jets today..

Used a 5mm hose line which was too wide for the mist jets,

Found out the old T connector had a hairline crack in it so was bubbling out water and air, so no wonder my jets never worked correctly. plus i dont think T connecter is as efficiant

who ever connect up the lines in the past, had one end longer than the other so both water jets were not getting an even flow of water. again this is the reason my driver side washer jet always lacked pressure.

to fix, i cut the old hose line to, two even lengths, and kept them central, re-fed the new hose line and connected up..

The water pressure is not that great so the mist jests only hit the bottom section of the windscreen.

i plan to buy a 3mm hose line to increase the water pressure. which should solve the problem.

i have a video as well, il have to upload it later.

scorpiotn1
CB-Uk User

Post by scorpiotn1 »

Took car for a test drive tonight.

50 min loop run between 30 / 40 mph at a local industrial estate. no issue with cutting out.

Either i got lucky, or i've fixed the problem by replacing the crankshaft sensor.

the season is a lot colder so that might be a factor, instead of the summer season.

also managed to take if for a 10min run at 50/60 mph and no issues.

---

On another note my brakes SUCK ! i need to attempt to fit the 2 Liter calibra brakes i have, again the mechanic told me there was no point fitting them cause id need all new brake lines but i think thats a lie as well.
Probably a lie aswell when he told me he tried to fit the suspension i bought but that the wheel was hitting the strut so there would be no movement in steering wheel. funny when the guy i bought them from told me they came off a Corsa b GSI.
johnny
Senior Moderator

Post by johnny »

Your mechanic sounds like a useless badger tbh [emoji38] the lines won't need changed unless there damaged

Coilovers are known to foul the wheels on the b But once camber is set there fine

I'd guess he never bothered changing the crankshaft sensor either and hopefully it's sorted now
If it doesn't fit,
force it,
If it breaks,
It needed replacing anyway :thumbs:
scorpiotn1
CB-Uk User

Post by scorpiotn1 »

johnny wrote:Your mechanic sounds like a useless badger tbh [emoji38] the lines won't need changed unless there damaged

Coilovers are known to foul the wheels on the b But once camber is set there fine

I'd guess he never bothered changing the crankshaft sensor either and hopefully it's sorted now
I thought that, i researched it before buying the brakes and everyone said that its a direct fit. and they are not So Big that it doesn't take your foot to the floor to engage them like the ... em is it the R32 brakes or something.
Cant wait to fit them now and get some decent stopping power.

what effect does the camber on the wheels have ? do the top of the wheel point inwards or outwards ? wont that create excessive "inside or outside" tyre wear ?
johnny
Senior Moderator

Post by johnny »

Coilovers are naturally cambered inwards from what I've seen and need aligned to get them straight

Your car cambers itself when being lowered anyway so I think that's why the coilovers foul the tyre/wheel
If it doesn't fit,
force it,
If it breaks,
stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

Corsa B's have basically no camber adjustment so just get some 5mm spacers.

Sent from my GT-I8200N using Tapatalk
johnny
Senior Moderator

Post by johnny »

The adjustment should be on the coilovers Image it's hard to see in that picture but you can see the top hole is oval to allow for the adjustment, you can buy camber bolts aswell for abit more camber
If it doesn't fit,
force it,
If it breaks,
johnny
Senior Moderator

Post by johnny »

scorpiotn1 wrote:
johnny wrote:Your mechanic sounds like a useless badger tbh [emoji38] the lines won't need changed unless there damaged

I thought that, i researched it before buying the brakes and everyone said that its a direct fit. and they are not So Big that it doesn't take your foot to the floor to engage them like the ... em is it the R32 brakes or something.
Cant wait to fit them now and get some decent stopping power.

what effect does the camber on the wheels have ? do the top of the wheel point inwards or outwards ? wont that create excessive "inside or outside" tyre wear ?
You'll need 15 inch wheels wheels to go over the the 2.0 brakes, not sure if you have a set but the 14s won't go over them
If it doesn't fit,
force it,
If it breaks,
stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

johnny wrote:The adjustment should be on the coilovers Image it's hard to see in that picture but you can see the top hole is oval to allow for the adjustment, you can buy camber bolts aswell for abit more camber
Yeah but even the small bit of adjustment on the coilovers is basically none lol.

johnny
Senior Moderator

Post by johnny »

Yeah but it should be enough to stop them fouling, if you look at mine you can see they only had to come out a small bit to clear the wheel

Think I had 1.5-2° of camber
If it doesn't fit,
force it,
If it breaks,
stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

Is it really that much? I messed about with mine and didnt notice any difference.

scorpiotn1
CB-Uk User

Post by scorpiotn1 »

Im running on a set of Vauxhall Tigra Alloys i'm certain they are 15"

That may have been the reason he also didn't fit them because at the time i had two alloys on the rear and the normal steels on the front cause i had to buy new tires.

So basically if i got a flat wheel, i wouldn't be able to put a spare on with the two liter brakes lol i wonder would a 15" fit in the boot well.

il have to have a look and post some more detailed pics of the suspension i have to see what your verdict is. if i need spacers and camber bolts etc.