fitting mids and tweeters up front

Post anything electrical or ICE here. ie, upgrading your stereo, or removing looms etc.

Moderator: Octane2097

rick
CB-Uk User

Post by rick »

when i fit aftermarket mids and tweeters can i simply use the wires from the oem ones or is there some way to fit aftermarket ones for better sound quallity?
PaulW
Administrator

Post by PaulW »

it really is just a case of unplugging the old speakers & fitting the new ones...

the wire which comes from the ISO plug in the door will plug into the main speaker, which then splits it to the tweeters. WHen you fit the new speakers, if there is a cross-over, then the wire from the ISO in thedoor - connect to the cross-over & then the speaker/tweeter to that.
All the above comments are deemed an opinion, and in most cases :spam:
rick
CB-Uk User

Post by rick »

thanks now i\'ve no excuse not to change them over if its as easy as you say
PaulW
Administrator

Post by PaulW »

the \'only\' issue you will have is getting the speakers to fit & not foul on the door glass when the windows are wound down if the magnets are huge

you might need to get some adapter faces from halford or similiar so the speakers fit, think there about £10 a go!

also, tweeters if there a bit big, may be hard to fit in the original location of the old ones (door handles), so there might be some cutting involved

best thing, strip it down, look & plan it, just test fit & then do proper once your ready & know what you need to do. no point starting it & then finding out its gona need a bit of work & then trial & error it to fit
All the above comments are deemed an opinion, and in most cases :spam:
rick
CB-Uk User

Post by rick »

[quote=\"PaulW\"]
you might need to get some adapter faces from halford or similiar so the speakers fit, think there about £10 a go!

[/quote]altho a sheet of mdf costs alot less. i remeber seeing a guide in the haynes/max power corsa book where the grills on the door handles were removed and the new tweeters were made to fit in that opening with the new mesh grills showing
MattM
CB-Uk Newbie

Tweeters up front...

Post by MattM »

The Haynes/ Max Power manual does show a real good looking way of upgrading tweeters, but you wanna look for small ones- JBLs are far too big. Bit of work required but worth it!
MattM
CB-Uk Newbie

Fittin should be ok...

Post by MattM »

They look right size. When I did mine I bought some real cheap plastic mounts- most shops selling ICE will supply the correct ones- just ask 4 them. If its all tightly fixed it shouldn\'t rattle.
rick
CB-Uk User

Post by rick »

what size are the original speakers? i\'d rater get something the right size than too small/ too big and have to arse around making a frame, not too bothered bout the depth as i can make a spacer easy enough and its winter at the mo so i wont be opening the windows too much so fouling them for a while wont bother me
rick
CB-Uk User

Post by rick »

i measured them ages ago when i got bored and took the door pocket off but i cant remember how big they were. looks like i\'ll have to get the screwdriver out again then
dirtymagician
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by dirtymagician »

you should be able to fit up to 17cm(6.5\") speakers, debth wise about 66mm