SERIOUSLY NEED HELP !!

Post anything electrical or ICE here. ie, upgrading your stereo, or removing looms etc.

Moderator: Octane2097

Xx I H0W3115 xX
CB-Uk Newbie

SERIOUSLY NEED HELP !!

Post by Xx I H0W3115 xX »

Hello there,
I have a vauxhall corsa b 1.0l Envoy that i've been having a lot of trouble with.
Ok so what happened was last week i drove from my house to the girlfriend's house which is only 3 mile. i drove up there because i was going to spray my alloys so that day i jacked it up and put it on four axle stands to take all the wheels off. so it took 4 days all in all for the alloys to actually get done properly and i put them back on my car. i dropped it all down getting exited to drive off with new wheels. However.. when i jumped it i noticed my interior light didnt come on ?? so i put my keys in the ignition and turned it and nothing happens no lights no warning lights nothing . Just thinking it was the battery i put the charger on it for bout 30 mins just to see if it was just dead . tried it again on boost and still the same happend , so i then got the jump leads on it , it was from a freelander 1 at IDLE ! and my jump leads went up in smoke ?? , thinking thats my battery knackered i went back down to my house and picked up a spare battery that i had in the shed . i connected it up to it and both battery terminal leads started smoking i immediately took them off. i then stripped the protective coating over both positive and negative wires and it seemed to pretty much melted together and were definitely connected. i disconnected all of the wiring loom from the starter motor , alternator etc and had it out , i then had a positive and negative small wires that i disconnected from both positive and negative terminals. ( i think they are to power the dashboard wire loom ). I thought that it was weird to just think it would run my battery down in 4 days and melt my leads so i put a multimeter on the small wires that i disconnected and their is a connection between the both !!, i then pulled out every fuse ( not the relays ) out of my fuse box and their was still a connection , i then started stripping my car interior from back to the front i have managed to now get to the front however i now check the connection and it turns out when i put the multimeter on the negative and positive their isnt a connection but if i remove the probe from the negative to the engine there's a connection and now i really do not know what to do .. :( can somebody help or give me some advice ?? has it ever happened to any 1 else ?? please rely in desperate need :/ thanks
Blackie_No1
CB-Uk User

Re: SERIOUSLY NEED HELP !!

Post by Blackie_No1 »

Is it still on the axle stands?
Xx I H0W3115 xX
CB-Uk Newbie

Yeah at the moment there is one on the near side front jacking point so I could get under my car to disk connect the loom for the startor motor and alternator. I carnt get under it because it's lowered 40mm .
Blackie_No1
CB-Uk User

Post by Blackie_No1 »

Is possible the chassis twisting is causing a short or bad earth somewhere
Xx I H0W3115 xX
CB-Uk Newbie

I don't know but how it is on that one axel stand it's stopped the positive and negative terminals from connecting so if it's happy like that for now Ile leave it on the one and try and sort it
Xx I H0W3115 xX
CB-Uk Newbie

turns out for anybody that has the same problem when or if they reed this .. if u have an imobilizer it may be that because when i removed mine everythhing was back to normal appart from when i had to replace the dashboard wiring loom -.- works fine now .