Door speaker problem

Post anything electrical or ICE here. ie, upgrading your stereo, or removing looms etc.

Moderator: Octane2097

stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Door speaker problem

Post by stanc3w0rks »

Yet another little problem, looking for help please. When i got the corsa there was no head unit so i borrowed a slightly knackered one, the only speakers fitted were the standard door speakers which were very buzzy so i disconnected them and fitted my 6x9s into the parcel shelf. Now i have changed the head unit for a better one, re-wired the 6x9s and came across sony door speakers, but when i wire them up they dont work at all, and i know they worked in the car i took them out of?

Sent from my Ascend G300 using Tapatalk
rsi-dan
CB-Uk User

Re: Door speaker problem

Post by rsi-dan »

Had this very problem in my old one mate I ended up putting a whole new speaker loom into the car
stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

Oh god please dont tell me that :( but when i first got the car with the dodgy head unit the door speakers did work before i disconnected them? Im going to root out my original door speakers to test that

stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

Today i pulled out the head unit and downloaded the manual for it, turns out someone had cut the wires for drivers door speakers (the side i was trying as it was the side i knew worked before) so i wired the right hand speaker to the left hand one and, TA-DA!! :D so thanks for the help :)