Couple of problems...

Post anything electrical or ICE here. ie, upgrading your stereo, or removing looms etc.

Moderator: Octane2097

Ph03nix89
CB-Uk Newbie

Couple of problems...

Post by Ph03nix89 »

Well lads great forum just wonderin if anyone cn help?

I hav a 98 1.0 Corsa B nd the heater/demister fan just stopped workin the other day.Hav checked all the usual suspects like fuses,resistor package nd wiring nd all seem intact. Dnt tink its a fault with the speed selector switch as rear demister nd the light work fine tho i dnt kno how the switch is wired so that cud make no difference.

What i want to kno is how cn i test the fan to make sure its the problem nd if it is,how do i get it out to replace it as frm wat i cn see it requires removing the whole dash which i really dnt want to do if i can avoid it.

Also my fuel gauge seems hell bent on telling me that i hav half a tank wen i kno for a fact that its empty.The gauge itself isnt stuck as it resets to empty wen the car is turned off.Any ideas as to cause/solution to this problem would also be greatly appreciated :D
stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Re: Couple of problems...

Post by stanc3w0rks »

The fuel gauge is probably caused by tge float being stuck, and the heater possibly caused by the heater matrix?

Sent from my Ascend G300 using Tapatalk
johnny
Senior Moderator

Post by johnny »

Heater is a dash out job

And the gauge is the fuel sender unit (floater is its unofficial name) there simple to change, lift the back seat, remove the black cap and it's just on top of the tank
If it doesn't fit,
force it,
If it breaks,
It needed replacing anyway :thumbs:
stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

3 screws/bolts under the back seat if i remember right, Johnny?

Ph03nix89
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by Ph03nix89 »

Thanks for the replies wasnt expectin it to b so quick.delighted d floater is quick job il knock dat out first thing in d mornin.then on to the dash removal :(
At least i kno there no way around it now.
Any chance of a step by step on how to remove the dash?
Ive done it in a few other cars before bt never this one nd ive wasted many an hour trying to find hidden bolts to remove a dash that just wont budge...
JamieTee_
CB-Uk User

Post by JamieTee_ »

Could try googling it mate, easiest way you'll find a step by step thread for a dash removal bud

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk
stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

As far as i know there are screws behind the heater vents, have to pull out the dials, the screws aren't hard to find its just very fiddly! The heater matrix is right at the bottom under the radio and stuff

johnny
Senior Moderator

Post by johnny »

Dash removal isn't difficult just time consuming

Remove the Speedo and surround the center console glove box and steering wheel first then all the screws are fairly visible
If it doesn't fit,
force it,
If it breaks,
It needed replacing anyway :thumbs: