Mute speakers

Post anything electrical or ICE here. ie, upgrading your stereo, or removing looms etc.

Moderator: Octane2097

brenyooo
CB-Uk Newbie

Mute speakers

Post by brenyooo »

Hi everyone!

So i just bought a corsa envoy 1.0, 2000. At the test run i couldn`t try the stereo because there was no head in it. After a took her home, bought a head unit (Acoustic Solutions ICS201), and plugged it in. Sound only came from the right bass/mid speaker at my leg. Tried balance, fade, and all the settings, didn`t help. After browsed the internet for solution, so i bought PC2-04-4 ISO adapter.
I put it in an hour ago, the sound is the same. But now when i turn off the stereo it remembers where i stopped it and continue from there, so the adapter should be ok. I guess.

Any idea what should be the problem with it? I thought it shouldn`t be broken cables because 3 out of 4 is unlikely, but maybe i was wrong?
johnny
Senior Moderator

Re: Mute speakers

Post by johnny »

I think you should check to make sure there are speakers there, it wouldn't be the first time someone fitted better speakers and took them out before sale
If it doesn't fit,
force it,
If it breaks,
It needed replacing anyway :thumbs:
brenyooo
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by brenyooo »

Speakers are there, just checked it.
andy w
CB-Uk User

Post by andy w »

If they are the original speakers they could ov been blown un the past best idea us to buy some new speakers or test each one by connecting test wires to the stereo
If it ain't green and black send it back :D
johnny
Senior Moderator

Post by johnny »

Yeah plug the working speaker to the side not working see if it works
If it doesn't fit,
force it,
If it breaks,
It needed replacing anyway :thumbs: