help radio confusion

Post anything electrical or ICE here. ie, upgrading your stereo, or removing looms etc.

Moderator: Octane2097

csgarside
CB-Uk Newbie

help radio confusion

Post by csgarside »

iv fitted a new radio its a decent pioneer one however after bout 5mins the sound stoped coming out
johnny
Senior Moderator

Re: help radio confusion

Post by johnny »

Checked the connection on the iso block? Was it working before the changed
If it doesn't fit,
force it,
If it breaks,
It needed replacing anyway :thumbs:
andy w
CB-Uk User

Post by andy w »

I wud say its the iso connector i have a pioneer in mine and don't have any issues the only thing i had to do was reverse the permanent live and ignition around to keep the memory.
If it ain't green and black send it back :D
csgarside
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by csgarside »

oneday the radio justr stoped working i could wigle the iso block to get some kinda sound for a split second so i boughr a new radio cos i wanted on any way i pluged it in n thought great its working then itjust cut out n cant make it work again ohh n why do i have to conect the red to the yellow to getr power to it
johnny
Senior Moderator

Post by johnny »

I'd take it to an auto elecy tbh, I hate working with electrics, but ie red and yellow wires you swap these because most aftermarket radios have there lives wired different to the corsa so swapping them corrects this
If it doesn't fit,
force it,
If it breaks,
It needed replacing anyway :thumbs:
andy w
CB-Uk User

Post by andy w »

csgarside wrote:oneday the radio justr stoped working i could wigle the iso block to get some kinda sound for a split second so i boughr a new radio cos i wanted on any way i pluged it in n thought great its working then itjust cut out n cant make it work again ohh n why do i have to conect the red to the yellow to getr power to it
Right the reason for that is on mine it wouldn't keep the memory everytime i took the key out
andy w
CB-Uk User

Post by andy w »

Also last resort to this problem and i do stress this is to basically to rewire the speakers to the stereo and buy an iso connector to get them all working again but as i sed this is the last resort. I ave done this in the past for others and is very time consuming