Temperature gauge - faulty

Post anything electrical or ICE here. ie, upgrading your stereo, or removing looms etc.

Moderator: Octane2097

pinkybutter
CB-Uk Newbie

Temperature gauge - faulty

Post by pinkybutter »

Hi

The temperature gauge on my dash display isn't functioning (including a little light that shows when the water is low) and hasn't been since i bought the car but I've recently had a radiator issue and I'd like to keep an eye on the temp of the engine.

I have been looking through all the forums and hunting through google and cant find an answer for the problem I'm having. Well i sort of can but they are all specific to whatever engine you have.

I understand that there is a cable that is attached to the thermostat and that this can sometimes work loose but i cant find where that should be :( Ive looked at pictures of all kinds of engines but cant find one that matches mine....

Ive attached some pics below of my engine, could someone please help me work out where i need to look?

Thanks

Gwin
johnny
Senior Moderator

Re: Temperature gauge - faulty

Post by johnny »

There should be a sensor at the bottom left (as you look in) and that sends the temp, when you fitted the new rad theres a bit you unscrew, thats where the sensor goes
If it doesn't fit,
force it,
If it breaks,
It needed replacing anyway :thumbs: