Installing a clock/radio display in a Corsa merit

Post anything electrical or ICE here. ie, upgrading your stereo, or removing looms etc.

Moderator: Octane2097

SmeggyEddie91
CB-Uk Newbie

Installing a clock/radio display in a Corsa merit

Post by SmeggyEddie91 »

Hi folks,
Recently bought a Corsa B and have been looking for somewhere to ask for help with various bits so here goes.
1st time on here and hoping this isnt a nooby question. Recently bought a 1996 Corsa Merit 1.2 and wanted to add a cigarette lighter socket for sat nav and a radio/clock display.
I picked up a display on Ebay, stripped out the switches panel to install it but dismayed to find no wiring for the display (or cig lighter).
I assumed all Corsa's would have the same wiring loom as I had an Astra many years ago with low trim level and that did have the wiring already for extras such as a clock.
So, how can I install the display folks. Much appreciated. Andy
johnny
Senior Moderator

Re: Installing a clock/radio display in a Corsa merit

Post by johnny »

The wires should be there they will taped up along with loom can be hard to find but they are there
If it doesn't fit,
force it,
If it breaks,
It needed replacing anyway :thumbs:
SmeggyEddie91
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by SmeggyEddie91 »

Cheers Johnny, it was there as you said. Clock display still not working but ive made some progress.
johnny
Senior Moderator

Post by johnny »

Its not lighting up? Check bulbs or keep pluged in with bulbs out and shine a torch in from the back and see if its working
If it doesn't fit,
force it,
If it breaks,
It needed replacing anyway :thumbs:
SmeggyEddie91
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by SmeggyEddie91 »

Right again Johnny, thanks mate. New bulbs in and its working fine.
Can I ask one more question too please though Im going to start a new thread anyway.
The radio in the Corsa (for which I have the code) is permanently saying 'safe'. Ive tried holding AS while turning the ignition on etc but I dont get a beep and cant input the code.
Ive tried this radio in my Zafira and it works fine using the AS button to input the code but as soon as I put it back in the Corsa, it just displays 'safe' again. Any ideas gratefully received.