Best way to power RCL system?

Post anything electrical or ICE here. ie, upgrading your stereo, or removing looms etc.

Moderator: Octane2097

Ryzei
CB-Uk Newbie

Best way to power RCL system?

Post by Ryzei »

Hi all, I've been following the forums for a while now and would just like to thank everyone for there clear responses as it's helped A LOT whilst I've been installing my interior LEDs and doing my dash conversion.

However, now I've got a Hawk RCL kit on its way I was just wondering if anyone who has already installed one of these, or similar, had any advice on wiring it into a constant live as opposed to the battery? Wanting to keep it nice and tidy wiring wise, as I'm sure anybody would!

I've read somewhere that there are constant lives at the back of: the HU, cigarette socket and a welcome light live somewhere? As I said any advice as to which to go for would be a great help, thanks!
ParanoiD
CB-Uk Newbie

Re: Best way to power RCL system?

Post by ParanoiD »

three is constant feeds behind the HU, there is also one that feeds to the ignition barrel, Just use a multi meter to check for voltages ect.
Ryzei
CB-Uk Newbie

Re: Best way to power RCL system?

Post by Ryzei »

I installed the kit yesterday, found all the wires behind the kickboard including constant live so just tapped into those. Thanks anyway!