1.5 D Charging problem

Post anything electrical or ICE here. ie, upgrading your stereo, or removing looms etc.

Moderator: Octane2097

kawarex11
CB-Uk Newbie

1.5 D Charging problem

Post by kawarex11 »

i am having a mare with my Corsa to the point it is getting crushed next week if i can't get this charging problem resolved.!!!!! Had the alternator tested as ok, battery is one year old, all wiring is ok, but .........the rev counter is not working and i have heard if this is the case it won't charge. Has anyone known of it fail or the small regulator componant on the back of the clocks failing and causing this ??? The battery light doesn't come on and the two wires from the alternator bell out ok?? I am totally peed off with it now as it is taking up too much time, effort and money to be worth carrying on the £150 pound weigh in money is osunding better.
PRICER
CB-Uk User

Re: 1.5 D Charging problem

Post by PRICER »

nope thats not true the engine will charge even if there isnt any clocks in it. to see if it is charging why dont you get a meter across the battery terminals and read what it is, then start the car up and put a meter across the battery terminals again and read the result, it should be significantly higher than when the engine was off. and if it is then its charging,
TURBO LAG IS JUST FOREPLAY ;)

2.0 16v GSI SPORT TWIN WEBER 45'S AND KENT CAMS :]
PRICER
CB-Uk User

Post by PRICER »

but as for the rev counter has it ever worked? and is in someone might have just bought the clocks stuck them in and hoped for the best. so it MIGHT not be wired up at all. as not all corsa's came with rev counters.
TURBO LAG IS JUST FOREPLAY ;)

2.0 16v GSI SPORT TWIN WEBER 45'S AND KENT CAMS :]
kawarex11
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by kawarex11 »

Yeah it's a standard car and the rev counter was working but has failed, the battery is only showing 11.98 volts across it when running. I've wasted too much time on it now and appreciate the replies dudes but it's the crusher for it now found an 02 fezzer for £150 with T+T so it's bye bye Corsa i'm afraid.