Rear speakers

Post anything electrical or ICE here. ie, upgrading your stereo, or removing looms etc.

Moderator: Octane2097

09+greenj
CB-Uk Newbie

Rear speakers

Post by 09+greenj »

Hi,

Right I'm putting new speakers and a new head unit in my car. I dont have any rear speakers in my car, so I got told I need to split the cable from the loom of the head unit and connect it to the speaker cables and run it to the back of the car. To connect the cables together I got told to use connector blocks, basically I was just wondering is this a safe way to do it, like it won't catch fire? I'm new to this so I'm not too sure! If I took it to a professional would they do it this way?

Thanks
gazza_no7
CB-Uk User

Re: Rear speakers

Post by gazza_no7 »

Yeah just do what you got told, it won't catch fire and will be okay!
sealeysonic
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by sealeysonic »

Hello mate...would i be right in thinking that you need to use a ISO connector to fit the head unit to the corsa loom...?(save as a vauxhall calibra)if so then you can use the ISO connector wireing so that you dont have to cut the loom on both the head unit and car loom.

Most speaker wires are colour coded in pairs....grey/grey with a `trace` line....in other words...grey/grey with a white line....+/- neg and positive etc..2 wires for each speaker and so on.

Where about`s are you putting the rear speakers ? are they 6x9`s..?

sealeysonic...from clubcalibra.com
Jonnydotcom
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by Jonnydotcom »

I had the same problem with mine, no speaker cables running to the back of the car so instead of splitting the cables and running them to the boot I've run a RCA with a Y splitter at the boot end so I can run a sub-box and a amp to power my rears. A bit easier than messin with the cars audio loom.
Proud owner of a P reg'd corsa Merit 1.4 8v automatic (disabled driver :( )
eonon DVD monitor head unit
Fli speakers around including a 1000w sub-box
All run through 2 kicker amps and a 900s Fli amp
PRICER
CB-Uk User

Post by PRICER »

actually the corsa's do have the wires coming from the rear of the radio they go down to the LARGE twin plastic plug behind the passenger foot well plastic, but thats where they end, if you can work out the colours from the plug behind the radio then find them in the plug and extend the wires to the rear of the car, its a bit complicated but its not so bad.
TURBO LAG IS JUST FOREPLAY ;)

2.0 16v GSI SPORT TWIN WEBER 45'S AND KENT CAMS :]
09+greenj
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by 09+greenj »

Cheers for the reply's. i was going to fit 6 1/2 inchers in the space either side of the parce shelf, but not sure they will fit, any ideas? recently got told that there should be cables already there but not had a proper root around yet.
09+greenj
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by 09+greenj »

[quote="sealeysonic"]Hello mate...would i be right in thinking that you need to use a ISO connector to fit the head unit to the corsa loom...?(save as a vauxhall calibra)if so then you can use the ISO connector wireing so that you dont have to cut the loom on both the head unit and car loom.

Most speaker wires are colour coded in pairs....grey/grey with a `trace` line....in other words...grey/grey with a white line....+/- neg and positive etc..2 wires for each speaker and so on.

Where about`s are you putting the rear speakers ? are they 6x9`s..?

sealeysonic...from clubcalibra.com[/quot

Found this tutorial here on how to fit speakers if the cables ain't there. http://forums.corsa-b.co.uk/viewtopic.p ... rs#p134556