Is my Amp any good?

Post anything electrical or ICE here. ie, upgrading your stereo, or removing looms etc.

Moderator: Octane2097

Lacey_Corsa
CB-Uk User

Is my Amp any good?

Post by Lacey_Corsa »

Hey all

i have brought this amp off ebay, seemed a really good value amp at the time

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BSE-3000W-4-C ... 25689f8958

lots of good feedback about the amp and seemed powerful enough for what i want....at first

ok heres the specs from Ebay -

3000W MAX POWER (750W X 4) @ 4 OHM
1000W X 4 @ 2 OHM
1500W X 2 @ BTL 4 OHM (BRIDGED POWER)
S/N RATIO - 80DB

The box states the same but its labelled up as RMS, i seriously doubt that ive got a 750WATT RMS X 4 @ 4 OHM amp here for the money it cost????!!!

inside the installation manual the specs state -

Power output 4OHM 2 Channel - 45W RMS x 2
4 Channel - 45W RMS x 4
Power output 2OHM 2 Channel - 70W RMS x 2
4 Channel - 70W RMS x 4
Bridged output 4OHM 2 Channel - 110W RMS x 1
4 Channel - 110W RMS x 2

This seems to be more like the actual specs....ive been told by the guy who sells them that they are really good quality.

only thing is i was looking to install a 12 inch FLI sub (FF12 800WATT) that has a RMS peak of 300W. however it needs a minimum 180W RMS. Here lies my problem! it seems no matter how i wire up this amp, it will not be nearly powerful enough to run the Sub of my choice as "Bridged output 4OHM 2 Channel - 110W RMS x 1"

i do have a 2 channel mutant MT1202R amp doing nothing that specifies 1 x 200W RMS @ 4OHM Bridged which would run the FLI sub with no issues

My original plan was to run 2 FLI subs (10 or 12 inch), my FLI comp door speakers with tweeters and my 6x9s on the shelf through a 4 channel amp

do we think i should return this amp before its too late due to the low specs specified and put the cash towards a good monoblock amp with 1 million RMS @ 2OHM bridged and blow my windows to pieces?!
--- LACEY'S CORSA TO DO SIG ---
1. Front and Rear Lights - black Angel and smoked *DONE*
2. Exhaust *DONE* - Centre Exhaust wanted
3. Colour Coding Interior Parts - *DONE*
4. New Spoiler and Side Skirts *started*
5. Window Tint all round *DONE*
mikeCsport
CB-Uk Newbie

Re: Is my Amp any good?

Post by mikeCsport »

you could do that, but you wont get full pontential out of your speakers. you want your amps too be more powerful then the peak of your speakers. (amps are usually more expensive to replace then speakers, and you get a far better quality of sound. subs you want to run at 2ohm (depending on the type of music you like) 1ohm for just disgusting bass, and 4ohm for rock music. 2ohm hits about the middle..... i agree with blowing the windows out though! have a look at my forum i have my boot build on there....... "corsa b keyed to death"
it will get there eventually