Door speakers

Post anything electrical or ICE here. ie, upgrading your stereo, or removing looms etc.

Moderator: Octane2097

Welshmatt
CB-Uk Newbie

Door speakers

Post by Welshmatt »

I just bought new jbl speakers to go in the front door panels, i bought them from halfords and i asked one of the shop assistants are they the right size to fit in the door panels and he said they would be fine, but when i fitted the one in my driver side to try it i fitted fine and no trouble wiring it up but when i try to wind the window down it wouldnt go all the way down why is this.
amanda
CB-Uk User

Door speakers

Post by amanda »

i got vibe speakers in my doors and i bought some spacers and they did no good what so ever as the magnet is like totally massive. left them in my other car when it got taken away. so i have a problem when i go round corners, as it touches the door, and knocks everything off and u can only hear my sub
shortie
CB-Uk User

Door speakers

Post by shortie »

trust me make, its more hassle than its worth. If you were interested i\'m sure i could be persuaded to have a go tho lol
rick
CB-Uk User

Door speakers

Post by rick »

the other thing you can do is get some mdf and make your own spacers for less than it costs to buy a set
shortie
CB-Uk User

Door speakers

Post by shortie »

[quote=\"rick\"]the other thing you can do is get some mdf and make your own spacers for less than it costs to buy a set[/quote]

and there better this way too.