wheels and lowering help

Help and advice section for technical questions on your Corsa.
Please check that your query hasn't already been answered in FAQ and Technical Info section.

Moderator: Octane2097

leo19
CB-Uk Newbie

wheels and lowering help

Post by leo19 »

I would like to put 15 inch alloys on my car and have a drop of about 35-40 how much would it cost to get the springs fitted? and do you think i would have to get any arch work done ?
leo19
CB-Uk Newbie

wheels and lowering help

Post by leo19 »

ok cheers m8.
jsc
CB-Uk User

wheels and lowering help

Post by jsc »

youd be looking at around £50 to get them fitted and you definatly shouldnt need any arch work you should be able to drop it 60mm and have 15s but i think you could put 16s on
shortie
CB-Uk User

wheels and lowering help

Post by shortie »

you can put 16\'s on with a 60 drop without archwork as long as you use 195/40 profile tyres. get anyone in the back tho and it\'ll rub like a bitch
Dan_Corsa
CB-Uk User

wheels and lowering help

Post by Dan_Corsa »

Funny you should say this.........

15\" alloys with a -50mm drop

195-45-15\'s but i have no sidewalls left as its warn through the plastic arch and gone into the metal where it has rubbed the sidewalls of the tyres off!

Nothing a hammer won\'t sort :lol:
EarlofBarnet
CB-Uk Newbie

wheels and lowering help

Post by EarlofBarnet »

I dropped my last Corsa -80mm (on Nova springs) and stuck 15s on with 195/50s on. Didn\'t rub even with people in back and cornered mint! The wheels were a et49 offset tho.

I\'m on a -40mm drop with 16s on now (194/45 tyres). With et40 alloys on. No rubbing ever with a full house! Got full lock and everything! Haven\'t touched arches.
tom87
CB-Uk User

wheels and lowering help

Post by tom87 »

go for a 60mm mate, looks low on corsa
shortie
CB-Uk User

wheels and lowering help

Post by shortie »

[quote=\"EarlofBarnet\"]I dropped my last Corsa -80mm (on Nova springs) [/quote]

I heard you could do this but a lot of people on corsa sport say the corsa and nova springs are the same, even have the same part number? might give it a go, could be a cheaper alternative than coilovers to get mine lower and i already have uprated shocks
EarlofBarnet
CB-Uk Newbie

wheels and lowering help

Post by EarlofBarnet »

It definitely lowered it more than -60mm. When I stuck those 14s on it, it was on the deck! It definitely lowers it more as a Corsa is a heavier car.
blackcorsa20
CB-Uk User

wheels and lowering help

Post by blackcorsa20 »

ive dropped mine 60mm on 195 50 15 bit of rubin when cornerin for about a day but its fine now, go for it m8 looks well nice wheels just sit inside arches nicely ill get some pics in my album shortly
north east region...the quietest region but the best...imho...
blackcorsa20
CB-Uk User

wheels and lowering help

Post by blackcorsa20 »

yeh i was gunna send mine in but they where only from my fone and plus i didnt actually crash it thats the bad bit my dad did on his way back to work :( it was a joint car but if it wasnt for the crash i wouldnt have my corsa or be on here now lol
blackcorsa20
CB-Uk User

wheels and lowering help

Post by blackcorsa20 »

itsquite funny really he was on his way back to work and some old woman just pulled out straight into the front end lol we ended up getting more money for the car than we had paid for it back lol let this be a lesson to all never accept ur first insurance payout