induction kit

Help and advice section for technical questions on your Corsa.
Please check that your query hasn't already been answered in FAQ and Technical Info section.

Moderator: Octane2097

MattM
CB-Uk Newbie

Would look nice!

Post by MattM »

Not sure if I\'ve seen one. I agree its not a bad idea though.. Would suit your corsa.
MattM
CB-Uk Newbie

White Cone

Post by MattM »

To be honest, I\'d be amazed if u bleached one successfully.

If u buy a cheap cone, and spray it, primer, paint, and laquer will add £12 to the cost. Not bad. Add a mixed pack of wet and dry paper (£4) and a bit of time, and bobs your uncle, a race X one would look fine (for a while) and a good looking paint job could be achieved.

Cheap option is to sandpaper one to really rought it up and then spray on 3 or 4 coats of paint, roughing it up, washing it and drying again before the 2nd and 3rd coat. This is the cheapest way, and in no way my prefered method of spraying and certainly not any good for interior or bodywork spraying. Just wanted to make that clear...

If you\'ve never spray painted with cans U2U me with any Q\'s...

Good luck.

We know what your spending your bank holiday doing now!! :roll:
rick
CB-Uk User

induction kit

Post by rick »

you could always get one of those new k&n jobbies with the viper style enclosure in silver or in any colour really and paint it white
MattM
CB-Uk Newbie

induction kit

Post by MattM »

The chrome would be easier to cover. It should be fine in normal paint- its only getting warm, not hot in engine bay terms.
EarlofBarnet
CB-Uk Newbie

induction kit

Post by EarlofBarnet »

Stick with a panel filter. My GSi ran really badly with a K&N induction kit on, uneven power curve etc. Runs perfectly now with panel filter in.

You might be ok if its an 8v, but if its a 16v stay clear of indution kit (unless its a sealed kit such as a Pipercross Viper which should feed correct amount of cold air etc).
Dan_Corsa
CB-Uk User

induction kit

Post by Dan_Corsa »

Just put my air box and panel filter back in, has got rid of the flat spot which the induction kit caused, but i miss the roar!

hmmmm
rick
CB-Uk User

induction kit

Post by rick »

[quote=\".\"]i found a max power vortex induction kit with the outer housing for about £15! comes in red, blue and chrome, think i should bother getitng one and spraying the case white? if i do this would i need to use heat proof paint?[/quote]it is one with a housing earl
where did you find that sim? and i also think normal paint should be ok cos lets face it the underside of the bonnet gets as warm as the airbox/induction kit and thats just normal paint
EarlofBarnet
CB-Uk Newbie

induction kit

Post by EarlofBarnet »

The ones with the housing around the filter (where you can\'t actually see the filter itself) will be better than a normal induction kit (such as a K&N etc), but won\'t be as good as a fully enclosed kit such as a Viper etc. If you do decide to run an induction kit try and make up a heat shield to go around teh filter on the engine side and best to run a cold air feed from the grill or bumper to get as much cold air to it as possible.

Dan: I miss the roar of a K&N too, but surely its much better to have smooth power delivery!
rick
CB-Uk User

induction kit

Post by rick »

good old ebay, i\'ve got my eye on a few of the old ps2\'s now that the slimline one has come out the big ones are going cheap as chips (even tho chips arnt that cheap round here) shame lcd screens cost so bloody much or i\'d stick one in the dash and hook up the ps2 altho i have found some 1.8\" lcd\'s for not much but i dont think you\'d be able to play san andreas on a screen that small
rick
CB-Uk User

induction kit

Post by rick »

i\'m interested but i\'ve gotta watch the pennies at the mo, xmas has wiped me out and i\'m dreading the mot in a few weeks time
tom87
CB-Uk User

induction kit

Post by tom87 »

vauxhall are wankers im sure if you talk to an passionate vauxhall owners on this site or any other vauxhall forums they will have had problems with them. my car always goes to the mechanic next door to my dads work. when my uncle crashed is astra and needed a courstrey vauxhall gave him a pink corsa then a meriva then something else cant remeber now. what a queer carry on lol
Dan_Corsa
CB-Uk User

induction kit

Post by Dan_Corsa »

[quote=\".\"]anybody got a spare piperX style cold air feed laying about i could have/ buy off ya? (silver one with coloured ends)[/quote]

Got a red 1
Dan_Corsa
CB-Uk User

induction kit

Post by Dan_Corsa »

PM on way
rick
CB-Uk User

induction kit

Post by rick »

i know a little garage in the next village thats good for mot\'s and its cheap as well.
looking forward to seeing some pics once you get the kit fitted and painted
tom87
CB-Uk User

induction kit

Post by tom87 »

[quote=\".\"]lol damn vaux! never seen a pink corsa before... or did it used to be red?[/quote]

think it was a pinky/orangy coloured corsa c mate, and you could say most floame red b\'s turn to pinky red colour.