a few questions (suspention, mfd & 1.6 16v mods)

Help and advice section for technical questions on your Corsa.
Please check that your query hasn't already been answered in FAQ and Technical Info section.

Moderator: Octane2097

rick
CB-Uk User

Post by rick »

1. i\'ve got a squeek coming from the back right when i go over a bump with something in the boot and its only started happening since i took it to a garage (which i recently found out arnt very good) so i\'m guessing its the spring thats not sat inplace properly as i\'ve jacked up the car and had a look and it doenst look to be in place as good as the left hand spring is so does anyone know how easy/difficult it is to take off the shock to adjust the spring and what tools i\'d need to do the job as i\'ve only been driving 6 months so my automotive tool kits a little on the small side.
2. is it possible to move the temp sensor for the mfd so it takes a reading from the air just before it goes into the engine, i\'m guessing all that would be needed is to find the sensor, drill a hole in the pipe, stick in the sensor then milliput it in place to make a nice tight seal.
it\'d probably be totally pointless but it\'d be nice to be able to say to someone that you know how hot/cold the air is thats going into your engine.
and last but not least 3. i\'m planning on buying a 1.6 16v sport then spending around £1000 on the engine what would be the best things to get to put up the bhp and what would be the most bhp i could get out of the 1.6 without nitrous?
jsc
CB-Uk User

Post by jsc »

dont buy a 1.6 if your planning on spending a grand on it it would probably be cheaper buying a 2 litre
rick
CB-Uk User

Post by rick »

and how much is the insurance on a 2 liter conversion over a 1.6? i know c20 engine would cost less than a grand but it would add at least that and more to my insurance as well as cause lots more problems with fitting it and parts breaking
jsc
CB-Uk User

Post by jsc »

that is a very good point mate