Damp boot and rain water pipe

Help and advice section for technical questions on your Corsa.
Please check that your query hasn't already been answered in FAQ and Technical Info section.

Moderator: Octane2097

Rían P
CB-Uk User

Damp boot and rain water pipe

Post by Rían P »

Hi everyone!
So I'm having a lot of bother with the boot of the corsa. It's the left hand side of the boot, where the panel cloth meets the metal floor. It is totally soaking!

When I put the boot cloth in, it just seems to get damp, and the boot gets quite damp in general, you'd nearly think it was very very heavy condesation.

There seems to be water lying in a wee pocket in the rear passangers arch, in beside the rear light.

I can't figure out where it's coming from! Also, you know the black tube that is behind the rear lights for rainwater? It seems very loose at you go along it, and so where does this go or how do you get at it to check?

Thanks in advance
Rían P
johnny
Senior Moderator

Re: Damp boot and rain water pipe

Post by johnny »

the black pipe sits into another bit of pipe behind the plastic cover, I can take a pic if you want but you should be able to feel it, if it's not in the water will be running right into the boot so could be the issue
If it doesn't fit,
force it,
If it breaks,
It needed replacing anyway :thumbs:
Rían P
CB-Uk User

Post by Rían P »

Thanks Johnny!
The pipe is in the pipe that takes the water out through the arch if that's what you mean?

I just fear the pipe has become dislodged at the top where water comes from the roof, if that's where it starts.
johnny
Senior Moderator

Post by johnny »

I can't rightly rember where that pipe starts but I'll have a look later
If it doesn't fit,
force it,
If it breaks,
Rían P
CB-Uk User

Post by Rían P »

Good lad Johnny!
johnny
Senior Moderator

Post by johnny »

Sorry mate forgot to look lol I'll check it out tomorrow
If it doesn't fit,
force it,
If it breaks,
Nathcarr91
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by Nathcarr91 »

Is there 2 holes on the inside of the sunroof that is a drain point something tells me there is definetly one on the passenger side unsure about drivers maybe it runs to there lad?? I remember when the old girl had a water leak passenger side it was because the drain whole on during had became blocked up do was collecting water and leaking it into car instead of out the car, so blasted it through with an air line and it cleared up
johnny
Senior Moderator

Post by johnny »

It's under the headlining just in front of the c pillar, you'll need to remove the boot trim and c pillar trim to pull the headlining down to see it, as nath said they could just be blocked
If it doesn't fit,
force it,
If it breaks,
Rían P
CB-Uk User

Post by Rían P »

Thanks lads!

I'll have a look at the sunroof thing to see if its blocked, and if it's not, I'll take of the C pillar and trace the pipe.

My rear window washer doesn't work so it'll give me a chance to troubleshoot that problem,
johnny
Senior Moderator

Post by johnny »

The rear washer is where you should check first, most of the time it's not working is because the pipe is off and water is pouring into the boot
If it doesn't fit,
force it,
If it breaks,
Nathcarr91
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by Nathcarr91 »

Yeah I agree with Johnny mate I think that both could be linked now with you saying the rear jet doesn't work and you e got a wet boot floor
Rían P
CB-Uk User

Post by Rían P »

Would the water still be there even I'm not using the rear washer?

There's water actually lieing in the space to the left of the rear light, and the boot seems to only get damp when there's heavy rain
Nathcarr91
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by Nathcarr91 »

Yeah the water should be there all the time mate I would say my reason being that as soon as you put it on it comes out right away and there's a fare distance for that washer fluid to travel.

Now that your saying about it when it rains lad I would be very tempted to remove them black roof trims and check for any cracks in the sealer that joins the roof skin to roof member if there is that would be a good start, also k would maybe check the seals on the back light make sure that isn't knackered

Water leaks are a nightmare when I had mine I had the whole dash out to try and find it, you need to tape bits up with duct tape and sprinkle water with hose pipe over it not a pressure washer because you want to try and recreate what rain does.

I feel your pain if it's a water leak from a panel mate there torture sure we will all keep you right though dude

Nath