another 1.2 16v cutting out

Help and advice section for technical questions on your Corsa.
Please check that your query hasn't already been answered in FAQ and Technical Info section.

Moderator: Octane2097

rayyzfr1
CB-Uk Newbie

another 1.2 16v cutting out

Post by rayyzfr1 »

Hi all, i know it has been talked about forever but i cannot find any posts anywhere regarding my specific issue.
When i first open the throttle slightly, even when the car is at a standstill, the revs will hunt between 1500 and 1750 revs but clears after that ok
As soon as i go to drive the engine just seems to rev then cut out as if the engine has been turned off, keep the accelerator pressed and it cuts back in again. This happens through every gear at all speeds and keeps doing it every 100-200 metres. Engine light is on
I do not have opcom and cannot seem to find a hand held scanner that works with a corsa B, year 2000, 1.2 16v
I have the egr blanked off, the icv is working as it ticks over perfect, its had a brand new bosch maf, new bosch crank sensor, new bosch cam sensor, a secondhand coil pack that i know is ok and 4 new spark plugs
When i disconnect the temp sensor by the maf the engine revs drop very slightly so that is ok
I cannot put opcom on my laptop as i know zero about computers or how to set them up and the local garage snap on tool will not connect to the ecu
Any input would be appreciated,
johnny
Senior Moderator

Re: another 1.2 16v cutting out

Post by johnny »

Try the paperclip test to get the codes, here's a guide on how to https://www.corsa-b.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11231

Sent from my SM-G900F
If it doesn't fit,
force it,
If it breaks,
It needed replacing anyway :thumbs:
rayyzfr1
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by rayyzfr1 »

paperclip tese does not work
johnny
Senior Moderator

Post by johnny »

Can't really offer any more advise other than take it to vuax and put it on there computer

Sent from my SM-G900F
If it doesn't fit,
force it,
If it breaks,
It needed replacing anyway :thumbs: