Couple of minor questions (wet carpet & heater panel lights)

Help and advice section for technical questions on your Corsa.
Please check that your query hasn't already been answered in FAQ and Technical Info section.

Moderator: Octane2097

chipmunk
CB-Uk Newbie

Couple of minor questions (wet carpet & heater panel lights)

Post by chipmunk »

I know from reading the forum that it's quite common for the door seals to go and allow water into the footwells (it's not the heater matrix, thank the gawds, it's fresh rainwater not coolant) but wondering if there's a 'normal' way it gets in? It seems to be coming over the passenger sill, but is it blowing in under the door, or does it run down inside the door and drain out there? (just on the off chance someone knows! :D )

And secondly, an observation. You lot weren't kidding when you said that centre console is a right PIG to change the bulbs in! I knew not to take the whole thing out, but it fell out anyway :clap:. Got the pig back together but damn did it fight! Is there a trick to getting the whole thing *not to fall out*?
diggerhole
CB-Uk User

Re: Couple of minor questions (wet carpet & heater panel lig

Post by diggerhole »

Check that the drain channels by the brake servo aren't blocked. It's a scuttle off job to clean them properly

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
chipmunk
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by chipmunk »

:thumbs: Thanks for that, the car's just come into my posession so a good clean is on the cards. Will do that
coupe77
CB-Uk User

Post by coupe77 »

They have a plate that the break servo bolts to
It has a seal that seals it to the bulk head with a ring of 13mm bolts this seal can break
To fix it remove the bolts and get some tiger seal run a bead around it tighten the nuts and job done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jeacotts-motors/611022572351820
chipmunk
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by chipmunk »

I've had the glovebox/shelf off today to fit a loom for rear speakers (mine didn't even have the wiring to the back, it ended up on missing pins in the junction block in the pass. footwell, but that let me see that there's no sign of water coming down from the bulkhead at all (indeed the carpet up there is bone dry. Like I said, it LOOKS like it's coming over the door sill (stain marks on the plastic cover there). I did notice the rubber seal is loose at the *top* of the door there, worth using sikaflex (acrylic car bond type rubber stuff) to refix the seal you think?
johnny
Senior Moderator

Post by johnny »

Better just getting new rubber from a breaker, probably cost less than the glue
If it doesn't fit,
force it,
If it breaks,
It needed replacing anyway :thumbs: