X16XE Engine problems, self accelaration ?

Help and advice section for technical questions on your Corsa.
Please check that your query hasn't already been answered in FAQ and Technical Info section.

Moderator: Octane2097

Lawrence_a4
CB-Uk Newbie

X16XE Engine problems, self accelaration ?

Post by Lawrence_a4 »

Hello everyone,

So I have this Vauxhall Corsa B year 2000, it originally was a 1.0l 12v but later converted to 1.6l 16v by previous owner.
The problem I start having is the car is revving by itself, I tried to unplug the throttle position sensor (which was changed around 1month ago) and it seemed to stop the revving but when driving without the sensor there is absolutely no power in the car and it jumps back and forward when pressing accelerator.

What could be wrong ? I've read that there are alot of other sensors in these engines that can go wrong but I am not very familiar with engines and to know what I am looking for.

Is my throttle position sensor gone again ? or MAP sensor which I don't know where is located in my car ?

EM light is on and I've tried to do the paperclip test however I noticed that the pin layout is different to what it should be and looks more like 1.0 ? Sorry this might sound stupid but could I still be running with 1.0 ecu or is that not possible ?

johnny
Senior Moderator

Re: X16XE Engine problems, self accelaration ?

Post by johnny »

Sounds like the idle control valve if the tps is fine,

It can't run on the 1.0 ecu
If it doesn't fit,
force it,
If it breaks,
It needed replacing anyway :thumbs:
stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Re: X16XE Engine problems, self accelaration ?

Post by stanc3w0rks »

That's just the fusebox. ECU is in the drivers footwell and will have been changed with the engine.

Sent from my G7-L01 using Tapatalk