lowering

Help and advice section for technical questions on your Corsa.
Please check that your query hasn't already been answered in FAQ and Technical Info section.

Moderator: Octane2097

amanda
CB-Uk User

lowering

Post by amanda »

can someone please tell me whats the difference between suspension kits, spring kits, coilovers, dampers, sport springs.

i wanna lower my car 30-35mm if i can, how can i do it cheaply, and what makes do u recommend?
PaulW
Administrator

lowering

Post by PaulW »

i replied here a while ago, does it help??

http://www.corsa-b.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=15
All the above comments are deemed an opinion, and in most cases :spam:
jsc
CB-Uk User

lowering

Post by jsc »

usualy you can do lower with springs if your only going to drop the car less than 40mm any thing over should be done with either coilevers or a set of matched dampers and springs

as for doing it cheeply iv heard that apex are good but i opted for gmax -40mm lowering springs and got them fitted for £50
tom87
CB-Uk User

lowering

Post by tom87 »

well coilovers are the best imo, but a suspension kit will improve handling aswell as looks, i guess when you say sports springs are just the same as lowering springs unless your meaning get some standard springs of a vauxhall corsa sport which are oright if your on budget but if youve got more cash than you might aswell go for a full suspenion kit. dampers i also would not bother with,

id go for the suspension kit improves handling and looks.

as for manafacture id choose spax if you get a suspension kit £250 or so. or if your on a budget go for some avo lowering springs £80 i think they are.