Corsa B 1.4

Help and advice section for technical questions on your Corsa.
Please check that your query hasn't already been answered in FAQ and Technical Info section.

Moderator: Octane2097

gregb
CB-Uk Newbie

Corsa B 1.4

Post by gregb »

Greeting all
I need some help with a cooling issue I have experienced. I've had my car since new, and the temp gauge would sit on the 90deg mark and not fluctuate at all. Over the past year I noticed the temp gauge starting to move to the 95deg mark. The temp later rose to just under the 100deg mark and the fan does come on, but when the temp is hovering around the 100deg mark, it does not seem to make a big impact in reducing the temp. Since then I've replaced the water pump, thermostat and had the radiator flushed and new coolant added. This has resulted in the temp gauge fluctuating between 92degs and just over 95degs non stop.

I have since seen a thermostat rated to open at 82degs as opposed to the current 92degs now fitted. Can anyone tell me what the correct temperature rating thermostat I should fit to my car? also could the radiator still possibly have any blockages that may cause this issue.
Thanks
Greg
ukhozi
CB-Uk User

Re: Corsa B 1.4

Post by ukhozi »

You say a "Corsa B 1.4" but which 1.4?

I have a 1995 1.4SI C14SE motor 'sport' and 95c is normal but I live in Spain's South, so a bit warmer.

You have done all you should so I wouldn't worry about it too much unless it hits the red every day.
1995 Corsa B Sport, c14se
2001 Mercedes A170 CDi LWB Elegance
1999 Suzuki AN400 (425)