2014 Monthly Meets

Barraclough
CB-Uk User

Re: 2014 Monthly Meets

Post by Barraclough »

This will be hard to get a time everyone can meet lol. I work Tuesday, Friday, Saturday nights so couldn't make those evenings
Mike_Parr
CB-Uk User

Post by Mike_Parr »

Can I bring my Skoda Rapid? Haha

Do wanna see all the B's tho.

I'm in central birmingham so either way. Let me kno where ur thinkin Dan!

Although I am a bus driver so work shifts all round the clock so let me kno and I'll try and be there!
Harkus Wrote: Lol I was actually racing a ford focus going through the tunnels making a noise was 5th missed 4th hit 2nd...at 70mph...driving like lad shifting like a woman LOL :lol:
andy w
CB-Uk User

Post by andy w »

Hahaha think we will let ya off mike for the skoda or just stock Vauxhall badges on it lol
If it ain't green and black send it back :D
Mike_Parr
CB-Uk User

Post by Mike_Parr »

andy w wrote:Hahaha think we will let ya off mike for the skoda or just stock Vauxhall badges on it lol
Haha, would prefer the griffin to the bloody Czech Winged Arrow! What a mistake I tell ya. Not even like modern skodas are easy to work on. I ent even allowed to touch mine. Contract small print is deadly.

Sayin that no modern car really is easy to work on. all electrics and that, not my cup of tea.

I was thinking, whilst I'm on the topic of it, what about like a 2001 Astra? They any good? Ent had no dealings with them but they look good when done properly.
Harkus Wrote: Lol I was actually racing a ford focus going through the tunnels making a noise was 5th missed 4th hit 2nd...at 70mph...driving like lad shifting like a woman LOL :lol:
andy w
CB-Uk User

Post by andy w »

I no the 1.8 has an ecu problems cus they have one on the bulk head the fails and cost 150 quid each time to sort
johnny
Senior Moderator

Post by johnny »

Mike_Parr wrote:
andy w wrote:Hahaha think we will let ya off mike for the skoda or just stock Vauxhall badges on it lol
Haha, would prefer the griffin to the bloody Czech Winged Arrow! What a mistake I tell ya. Not even like modern skodas are easy to work on. I ent even allowed to touch mine. Contract small print is deadly.

Sayin that no modern car really is easy to work on. all electrics and that, not my cup of tea.

I was thinking, whilst I'm on the topic of it, what about like a 2001 Astra? They any good? Ent had no dealings with them but they look good when done properly.
Modern cars are extremely easy to work on compared to old purely down to diagnostic tools but you can't repair New cars as such, when something breaks it has to be replaced but with old cars most parts can be fixed instead of replacing them

The 01- astras are generally good cars same engine as the corsa c so maf, egr are common faults, body rusts in the same places as the b so there easy to spot
If it doesn't fit,
force it,
If it breaks,
It needed replacing anyway :thumbs:
Mike_Parr
CB-Uk User

Post by Mike_Parr »

johnny wrote:
Mike_Parr wrote:

Modern cars are extremely easy to work on compared to old purely down to diagnostic tools but you can't repair New cars as such, when something breaks it has to be replaced but with old cars most parts can be fixed instead of replacing them

The 01- astras are generally good cars same engine as the corsa c so maf, egr are common faults, body rusts in the same places as the b so there easy to spot
But not only that I was talking more about access to everything. It's so cramped under the bonnet of both my Skodas, the 3-pot Corsa was a piece of p!ss. And as you say, the make do and mend culture is slowing dying thanks to the, as you quite rightly said, replacement through Dealerships cult instead. (Lets be honest anyone with a new car under warranty isn't going to do any work yourself..)
bengibsonevans
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by bengibsonevans »

just joined this. as my corsa has been off the road for a while due to insurance killing me on prices! but as its come down over the last year im getting it back on the road next week and would be wicked to meet up and get it back out the garage! Im in cannock (near Wolverhampton, birmingham)
Domwhitex
CB-Uk User

Post by Domwhitex »

You aren't far from me, within an hour drive im from corby, northamptonshire
JamesT0708
CB-Uk User

Post by JamesT0708 »

I'd love to come down if it's not too far, I'm from Tamworth in Staffordshire

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
andy w
CB-Uk User

Post by andy w »

Well u guys ain't that far tbh Crewe is about a ten min drive from stoke

Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Tapatalk
JamesT0708
CB-Uk User

Post by JamesT0708 »

So when's the first meet 8)
Barraclough
CB-Uk User

Post by Barraclough »

Anybody still up for this?
JamesT0708
CB-Uk User

Post by JamesT0708 »

Barraclough wrote:Anybody still up for this?
Yes haha!! West Midlands seems dead on here :(
andy w
CB-Uk User

Post by andy w »

There's a few of us mate lol