Taxi driver protests

General Banter & Off-Topic chat.
Barraclough
CB-Uk User

Taxi driver protests

Post by Barraclough »

Anybody has any of these held near you? Just went on what should have been a 10 min trip each way to buy my sons birthday present for it to end up taking way over a hour! Found out it's silly taxi drivers blocking both lanes on busy roads in the area sat there beeping their horns protesting over uber. It really pees me off stuff like this. An extra hour added to my journey over these idiots, the only thing they've achieved so far is stopping a 9 month old getting home for bed! Business is business, their acting like children because they have a bit of competition. Hope this loses business for them tbh and I'm sure many people have lost respect for these inconsiderate taxi drivers.
johnny
Senior Moderator

Re: Taxi driver protests

Post by johnny »

I was reading about uber earlier and tbh from what I've read the taxi drivers are right to protest, definitely not by blocking roads they should be arrested for that

But taxi drivers pay huge amounts each year to register as a taxi driver, they then pay for taxi plates and taxi insurance, which is a crazy price tbh and uber essentially allows anyone with a licence to undercut them because they don't pay and of charges
If it doesn't fit,
force it,
If it breaks,
It needed replacing anyway :thumbs:
Barraclough
CB-Uk User

Post by Barraclough »

They're totally going the wrong way about it. Delaying everyone's day being so inconsiderate. I still see it as business, as much as i hate uber, they have found a cheaper way of doing things so the taxi drivers should either lower rates for a bit of competition or just join them. I don't use public transport but if it came to it and I needed a taxi, no way would I use the local taxi firms after this. They should make a few signs next time instead of peeing the whole town off.
johnny
Senior Moderator

Post by johnny »

Yeah piss ing people of is the worst way to get them on your side [emoji38]

It's the government would need to sort it out because what you have to pay the government to be a taxi driver each year is ridiculous

And uber avoids these because there a big international firm, if I was a taxi driver I'd be f**king raging about it
If it doesn't fit,
force it,
If it breaks,
It needed replacing anyway :thumbs:
Barraclough
CB-Uk User

Post by Barraclough »

Turns out it's not uber they're not angry with, it's the council. There was 100 taxis blocking the road outside the OLD council offices. They need to get some markers and make some signs or something next time and go to someone who cares instead of p ing the public off!