Gumtree

General Banter & Off-Topic chat.
Barraclough
CB-Uk User

Gumtree

Post by Barraclough »

Does anybody know if you get any protection on gumtree as a buyer?
andy w
CB-Uk User

Re: Gumtree

Post by andy w »

Not to sure mate tbh but i dont think ya do unfortunately
If it ain't green and black send it back :D
johnny
Senior Moderator

Post by johnny »

Pay with PayPal, you have 45 days protection then
If it doesn't fit,
force it,
If it breaks,
It needed replacing anyway :thumbs:
Barraclough
CB-Uk User

Post by Barraclough »

It's already paid for now by cash now I'm £60 out of pocket and don't know where he lives as he came here.
Wanted to get the ad back up as sometimes there's a map of where they are and turn up at his house but he removed the ad.
stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

What did you get?
mbonner02
CB-Uk User

Post by mbonner02 »

Right this is the best thing to do mate. If you have his number type it into Facebook will bring him up. If not type into gumtree and will bring any other ads up might have a map on. Email gumtree and explain how you've been jipped, if you ask they'll give you his actual email address then you can type that into Facebook. Boom you've found him. However if you get a mate best off if it's a lad, get a female mate to add him and inbox him as a stranger with banter etc if and when he replies he might leave his gps location on. If not keep trying as he might of been on laptop and not mobile

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Corsa weapon A.K.A the Scooby Killer ;)
Barraclough
CB-Uk User

Post by Barraclough »

mbonner02 wrote:Right this is the best thing to do mate. If you have his number type it into Facebook will bring him up. If not type into gumtree and will bring any other ads up might have a map on. Email gumtree and explain how you've been jipped, if you ask they'll give you his actual email address then you can type that into Facebook. Boom you've found him. However if you get a mate best off if it's a lad, get a female mate to add him and inbox him as a stranger with banter etc if and when he replies he might leave his gps location on. If not keep trying as he might of been on laptop and not mobile

Sounds like you've done this before lol. Don't have his number, all done through gumtree email
mbonner02
CB-Uk User

Post by mbonner02 »

Well do what I said the. It worked for me haha normally people are stupid enough to do it off their own account I found where he lived within minutes off having his email address and was round. Their shocked when you rock up and their arses hit the f**k floor. Much like the badger jaw! Haha

Barraclough
CB-Uk User

Post by Barraclough »

How can I do it tho with only contacting him through gumtree email.
mbonner02
CB-Uk User

Post by mbonner02 »

No lol, message gumtree on the contact us or help link and tell them someone's jipped you and sold you so,etching dodgy tell the, you want his direct email address so you can get in touch properly then do all that lol

Barraclough
CB-Uk User

Post by Barraclough »

mbonner02 wrote:No lol, message gumtree on the contact us or help link and tell them someone's jipped you and sold you so,etching dodgy tell the, you want his direct email address so you can get in touch properly then do all that lol

Will give it a try, all done through the mrs's account so shall try tomorrow. It's sat in the rain now, may have to break it in bits and leave in his garden if I find out his address
mbonner02
CB-Uk User

Post by mbonner02 »

What is it? Just put it through their wimdow if you get no money back! I would

Barraclough
CB-Uk User

Post by Barraclough »

A freezer lol, bit heavy to chuck through the window. Let it sit for 24 hours and plugged it in this morning.
Heard a loud bang after a few mins and smoke was coming from the back and filled the house with a horrible smell.
Don't know what the smell was but don't like the fact my 3 week old son was in the house breathing it in.
mbonner02
CB-Uk User

Post by mbonner02 »

Yeah it's obviously bulshit and he knew it I f he told you 24hours. Can safely tie. It on after a couple hours. Take round with someone if you find out where he lives and if he doesn't answer get it through his window or just blow his car!

JamieI
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by JamieI »

oh meen ! I had exactly the same problem on that website and I've never had my money back... Hopefully it was a cheap item :( Good luck