Jap car chat

General Banter & Off-Topic chat.
CorsaBLuke
CB-Uk User

Re: Corsa B Merit 1.2 Build Thread First Car (Carol The Cors

Post by CorsaBLuke »

that GT p*ss's all over Skylines, even beat a 8L AMG on the motorway! nothing round here can challenge it, SO INSANE! but it did take 3 years off the road to build, alot of hard work money and patience!
Carol's Build Thread : http://forums.corsa-b.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=81&t=20138
stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

My mate ha had his GT off the road for a good 5 years so far. All lightend pulleys, flywheel, stage 3 organic clutch and tonnes more. It revs up like a motorbike haha. He even removed power steering to make it lighter lol

Sent from my Ascend G300 using Tapatalk
CorsaBLuke
CB-Uk User

Post by CorsaBLuke »

same with this one buddy, they are unique :)
stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

Would love one :(

johnny
Senior Moderator

Post by johnny »

CorsaBLuke wrote:that GT p*ss's all over Skylines, even beat a 8L AMG on the motorway! nothing round here can challenge it, SO INSANE! but it did take 3 years off the road to build, alot of hard work money and patience!
Right before I say I'd like to state I'm a big big fan of the gt turbo starlet but even saying that there's no way it beats skylines maybe a 2ltr non turbo but to say it could beat all skylines is far fetched, take a r33 gts-t comes with 330bhp standard and is tunable up to 700-800 bhp would smoke a GT

Beating that merc I'd put it down to your brother's good driving and maybe the merc drivers lack of driving ability
If it doesn't fit,
force it,
If it breaks,
It needed replacing anyway :thumbs:
stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

True i'v seen a 1000+bhp skyline haha

andy w
CB-Uk User

Post by andy w »

My rover turbo diesel nailed one that tried to race me hahaha soz mate and the skylines are the same as the gto 320bhp and there is very little chance they could like especially when my mates gto was 650bhp at the wheels lol and my other mates skyline is 600bhp at wheels i unfortunately don't rate them soz mate but for the cash id just buy a pulsar gtir
If it ain't green and black send it back :D
johnny
Senior Moderator

Post by johnny »

andy w wrote:My rover turbo diesel nailed one that tried to race me hahaha soz mate and the skylines are the same as the gto 320bhp and there is very little chance they could like especially when my mates gto was 650bhp at the wheels lol and my other mates skyline is 600bhp at wheels i unfortunately don't rate them soz mate but for the cash id just buy a pulsar gtir
You better mean you don't like GT starlets, not liking skylines is blasphemy imo :lol:
If it doesn't fit,
force it,
If it breaks,
CorsaBLuke
CB-Uk User

Post by CorsaBLuke »

i would love to belive this wasnt true, unfortunetly i was in the skyline at the time lol, we were on a tunnel run, i was in my friends r33 gtst which done 330 at wheels on the dyno day we had (for our club) and the gtst isnt 330 standard more like 260 270 but the gt was pushing us down the motorway and we couldnt pull away, the GT is 277bhp wheels and weighs a mere 700kg, if you think of the power to weight it is very possible, i wouldnt lie i mean, skylines are my second favourite car right after sexy supra's :D but 330bhp and a tonne and a half vs 277bhp and 700kg? work it out lol... however due to the gear ratios the skyline would have a possible higher top speed, after 160 in the starlet it got too dangeouse as it gets to light due to lift and any more is just suicidal on britains pot holey roads.
this has got a bit off topic but oh well, who doesnt like high-performance jap cars ayy :)
CorsaBLuke
CB-Uk User

Post by CorsaBLuke »

andy w wrote:My rover turbo diesel nailed one that tried to race me hahaha soz mate and the skylines are the same as the gto 320bhp and there is very little chance they could like especially when my mates gto was 650bhp at the wheels lol and my other mates skyline is 600bhp at wheels i unfortunately don't rate them soz mate but for the cash id just buy a pulsar gtir
pulsars are far and few between and rarely go for under 4k, where as you could pick a starlet up off the forums for under 2k however who wouldnt want a sr20dett 700kg missile for an extra 2k!
johnny
Senior Moderator

Post by johnny »

Jap imported gts-t is 330 standard the European ones were restricted but even take the euro regd ones with the same time/money spent on it as was spent on the starlet, the skyline would destroy it

I'll tidy the thread up tomorrow if I get a chance and move all this to a new thread:lol:
If it doesn't fit,
force it,
If it breaks,
johnny
Senior Moderator

Post by johnny »

Also supra beats everything FACT :D
If it doesn't fit,
force it,
If it breaks,
stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

Have you seen 'Supra from hell' on youtube? Its a drag car

johnny
Senior Moderator

Post by johnny »

Yeah man the noise from the launch control was my ringtone for awhile:lol:
If it doesn't fit,
force it,
If it breaks,
andy w
CB-Uk User

Post by andy w »

johnny wrote:
You better mean you don't like GT starlets, not liking skylines is blasphemy imo :lol:
ye john lol i love the skylines always wanted an r32 but never afford the insurance lol and ye never rated the starlets as a performance car unfortunately guys
If it ain't green and black send it back :D