Hi from newcastle!

Post a little about yourself & also about your car(s) in here!
Lee91
CB-Uk Newbie

Hi from newcastle!

Post by Lee91 »

hi im lee from Newcastle,

my first car was a corsa merit 1.2 since then I've had numerous of cars all different makes.

im hoping to try and bag myself a nice clean corsa B in the next couple of weeks to start a project.

I will be going down the 1.6 16v route but getting the best performance out the engine will be looking for figures around 140-160bhp not that that matters too much as all I want is a clean OEM+ nippy corsa. wont be the fastest of projects work mainly carried out on the weekends until the light nights come back. hopefully I will have the corsa + engine out before the winter really kicks in.

if anyone knows anyone selling a corsa b around the Newcastle area please let me know :)

so hopefully I will have a project log starting very soon!!
andy w
CB-Uk User

Re: Hi from newcastle!

Post by andy w »

Welcome buddy take it your newcastle upon time [emoji38] there are some guys your way on here
If it ain't green and black send it back :D
andy w
CB-Uk User

Post by andy w »

[quote="andy w"]Welcome buddy take it your newcastle upon tyne [emoji38] there are some guys your way on here[/q
If it ain't green and black send it back :D
Lee91
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by Lee91 »

Haha yeah mate that's the one

I've found a Arden blue Corsa down shildon just getting recovery quotes as it doesn't have mot
johnny
Senior Moderator

Post by johnny »

Welcome along mate :)

140 is an easy target for a 1.6 16v you should get it with an inlet, full exhaust with a 4-2-1 or 4-1 manifold and a set of cams
If it doesn't fit,
force it,
If it breaks,
It needed replacing anyway :thumbs:
Lee91
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by Lee91 »

Cheers mate ;)

Meant to be a nightmare to set up cams on the 16v revs really lumpy apparently so I think I'll get someone to set them up properly.

Think I'm picking up a Arden blue Corsa 1.2 from Gateshead tomorrow 51k 12 MOT £320 absolute bargain