Should I get???

GSI
CB-Uk Newbie

Should I get???

Post by GSI »

Hi
I know im only 15 BUT!!! My aunite (shes dieing of multinuronesyndrome) has promised me £3000 now she has agreed that its for my first car!
Ive had a quote for wat i want to do and my family can work with that.
I was just wondering want others though of the idea??
Ive seen a 2 door 1.2L S reg corsa B for £675 +speakers and 15\" alloys
and the whole kit +bonnet,spoiler and the same 17\"alloys,
It\'ll cost about £2350.
Wat do you think??
Tim
tom87
CB-Uk User

Should I get???

Post by tom87 »

its a very silly idea to buy a car before your 17 or nearley 17, its just going to be stuck on your driveway for 2 years lol.
rick
CB-Uk User

Should I get???

Post by rick »

just like yours tom Image
if i were you i\'d stick the money in an isa and forget about it untill you pass your test that way you\'ll have a little more than your £3k and in two years time you\'ll be able to get a better car than that 1.2 as lets face it the 1.2 engine is never going to win any awards and you\'ll get sick of it in about 6 months and want something faster , i know i did and i\'ve got a 1.4
shortie
CB-Uk User

Should I get???

Post by shortie »

tbh mate, that kits more hassle than its worth. the arches on the car have to be cut to match with those in the kit and can apparently take upto 19s without any further arch mods so 17\'s would look small. Also with it been wide arched it\'s gonna cost more to fit anyways. the whole car would need a respray if you hadnt already included this, you cant just spray the kit and stick it on.

Thats what i\'ve been told anyways

theres plenty of these out there now too. try and do something a bit different. But for now i\'ll go with rick and say put it in the bank for a few years, get a few extra hundred out of it, and then when you do come to buy a car, could probably get a better corsa for less, and spend more on the mods!
GSI
CB-Uk Newbie

Should I get???

Post by GSI »

thanks for the tips and i am gonna put it in the bank cous ive been left with some more money from other wills in my fammily and should be over £7k when im 17!!!!2.0L here i come!!
Stuart_SRI
CB-Uk User

Should I get???

Post by Stuart_SRI »

I\'ve sorted your poll options out now so they make sense dude

And to be honest mate, your only 15, so I would stick it in the bank for a few years, earn some interest on it coz the car will lose a lot of money sitting on your drive. Then your be able to buy and esnure something a bit bigger than a 1.2LS. Remember u have two years to think about your first car. Dont rush into things :thumbs: Id consider maybe a 1.4 or 1.6 sport and you will still have some cash left over to mod it.

Hope this helps dude