Suggestion.

Details of Shows and National Events
MetroLee
CB-Uk Newbie

Suggestion.

Post by MetroLee »

Just a suggestion - How about a Map of the UK, so we can see which county falls into it's own section. Reason being, I'd happily apply for a RMO, but I could only do Northants. It's so much easier if you keep the different regions simple.
HMN480E
CB-Uk User

Re: Suggestion.

Post by HMN480E »

So METRO lee (non vauxhall owner) wants be be incharge of a Corsa B regional meet........ Fair enough if its a 6R4, but if you wanted to arrange a corsa meet you should really have a corsa, im my opinion any ways
What ever i'll buy, it'll be a GSi
MetroLee
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by MetroLee »

Doesn't really matter TBH. And if that's the sort of attitude I would recieve then whats the point? Ok, I understand I've just joined today, but I'm quite a forward person. I'm soon going to be a Corsa Owner, but does that stop me from running the Metro Owners Club - No. It's not even as if I would be turning up in a Metro anyway - No doubt my mates Astra G.
MetroLee
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by MetroLee »

And come to think of it, we've got a VX-Torque (Yes, Vauxhall...) meet next Thursday (in Kettering), and it would have been good for a few people to come along. But if I'm going to recieve attitude like that! I hope everyone else on the site isn't like that, as I'm fairly peeved at that comment to say the least. Was only trying to be helpful, as it appears you are a new site, and I was willing to give up my spare time to organise something because I like the cars, and have a passion for them and surely that's what matters at the end of the day.
HMN480E
CB-Uk User

Post by HMN480E »

Well i didnt mean to piss you off but its like turning up at an aston martin day out in a corsa, people will be wondering what is this fella doing here!
Crack on do what you fancy i dont give
MetroLee
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by MetroLee »

So what your trying to say is basically the Corsa is the Aston Martin, and the Metro is the Corsa :lol: It might be a Metro but it's not that bad Lol.
HMN480E
CB-Uk User

Post by HMN480E »

No im not trying to say a metro is a corsa (you wish it was lol), im only trying to say there would be a lot of raised eyebrows at a corsa b meet if the person organising it and welcoming every 1 is either sat in a metro or in the passenger seat of an astra. I appreciate you like cars and your involved in other organisations, but we can hardly compare griffins now can we
MetroLee
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by MetroLee »

LOL. I ment it as a joke. The difference between an Aston Martin and a Corsa is quite big.

TBH, if it was a joint meet with VX-T then it would'nt matter if I what I turned up in. It's not as if I don't intend to get a Corsa soon, because I am. TBH, you don't have to have a Corsa IMO to attend one of the meets. Getting in with the crowd is always a good way to see if you truly want one. I'm Staff on VX-Torque, but I don't have a Vauxhall - So does that mean I shouldn't be staff? Not really. The reason I use that as an example is because it's exactally the same attitude that you seem to have towards me & my choice of car. I am fully aware this is a Corsa site, and I'm fully aware I don't own one, but that doesn't stop me from being an enthusiast! It's not very welcoming either! It's just lucky I'm quite an easy going guy, and will give people the benefit of the doubt. ;)

I don't want to discuss this any more, so I say no more. 8)
CorsaTD
General Moderator

Post by CorsaTD »

we already have orginisers
corsa 1.5TD's woo
MetroLee
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by MetroLee »

I was suggesting a meet in Northants, for Northants Members.
CorsaTD
General Moderator

Post by CorsaTD »

i suggest a meet in glasgow city center
corsa 1.5TD's woo
CorsaTD
General Moderator

Post by CorsaTD »

also come back and try when yer older... ur only 16.....
corsa 1.5TD's woo
HMN480E
CB-Uk User

Post by HMN480E »

I missed the 16 part........ you can drive on the isle of man at 16 which is pretty sound for 16 year olds, pretty dangerous 4 every one else tho lol.

Im a big enough man to appologise some times matey, i didnt mean to take the piss!
Rite if you are hear for advise take this!

Get saving up - Buy a little mint Corsa Sri, dunno if they are 16v or not but the 8v lump is still sound in the 1400, i had a 1400 (90bhp) tigra for my 1st car, the insurance was £1500 but 2 years on ive wrote the tigra off (thank god) and ive got a 1600 GSi and that is £600 fully comp so just wait, it soon gets FUN!
Get the metro in a field and really learn to push your driving skills you only get good by making mistakes and its better to do that in a field than on a B road! Trust me!!
And then come out and play, and maybe you will surprise some one!

Sideways is the way forward!
CorsaTD
General Moderator

Post by CorsaTD »

that has nothing to do with organizers FS MAN!!!!
corsa 1.5TD's woo
HMN480E
CB-Uk User

Post by HMN480E »

Yea i know it doesnt, gotta be able to walk before you can run tho