Speakers required

Can't find what your looking for? Try asking in here & see if anyone has what your looking for!
geminii
CB-Uk Newbie

Speakers required

Post by geminii »

Hi All I just purchased my first corsa and have now found out that there are no speakers fitted anywhere in the car. Would like a full original set if any out there. Thanks for reading.
nathcarr
CB-Uk User

Speakers required

Post by nathcarr »

Think I may still have my original front speakers you could have if I can find them will have a dig trough my shed and see if I can find them, how come your after original ones?? Far better sound from aftermarket IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
johnny
Senior Moderator

Re: Speakers required

Post by johnny »

You can pick up aftermarket stuff cheap on ebay that's better than standard, it's all hidden aswell
If it doesn't fit,
force it,
If it breaks,
It needed replacing anyway :thumbs:
johnny
Senior Moderator

Post by johnny »

A quick 30 second ebay search came up with these http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vi ... 24&alt=web

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vi ... 73&alt=web

May be cheaper out there, but it's definitely worth upgrading if your going to take door cards and rear plastics off
If it doesn't fit,
force it,
If it breaks,
nathcarr
CB-Uk User

Post by nathcarr »

I agree with Johnny like them edge ones he sent the link on are brill I have a whole edge sound system in my b 6.5 inch door speakers with tweeters and I have the edge 6x9s powered by the edge amplifier and it's very clear and loud, much better sound than the standard ones mine was about 140 for everything with all the wiring kits because I bought better gauge wires

nathcarr
CB-Uk User

Post by nathcarr »

This is mine with the edge speakers (the amp isn't mounted in shelf tho it's under the glove box coz it fits in that shelf neat

andy w
CB-Uk User

Post by andy w »

Tbh ive noticed alot have chosen edge for there cars not sure how they sound tbh for me I went for fussion encounter speakers which tbh give decent mid,bass and mine had tweeters with cross overs
If it ain't green and black send it back :D
nathcarr
CB-Uk User

Post by nathcarr »

andy w wrote:Tbh ive noticed alot have chosen edge for there cars not sure how they sound tbh for me I went for fussion encounter speakers which tbh give decent mid,bass and mine had tweeters with cross overs
I really rate them they a good sound set up the Amp makes the difference for me like coz you can set it to how you want it sound which is good. I mean they are a entry level speaker there the cheapest that halfords sell but still a decent upgrade from standard. The fusion ones are very good, do you know what the fusion under-seat sub is like, I'm wanting a sub for mine but thinking a small one to save space in boot

geminii
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by geminii »

Thanks for all the quick replys I was mainly wanting originals so I didn't have to mess on trying to conceal them. I think after your messages I will look at after market ones. The edge seems to be out in front. Will update when I have some.
andy w
CB-Uk User

Post by andy w »

nathcarr wrote:
andy w wrote:Tbh ive noticed alot have chosen edge for there cars not sure how they sound tbh for me I went for fussion encounter speakers which tbh give decent mid,bass and mine had tweeters with cross overs
I really rate them they a good sound set up the Amp makes the difference for me like coz you can set it to how you want it sound which is good. I mean they are a entry level speaker there the cheapest that halfords sell but still a decent upgrade from standard. The fusion ones are very good, do you know what the fusion under-seat sub is like, I'm wanting a sub for mine but thinking a small one to save space in boot

I never had the fussion sub when u had subs last I had bulldog ones. I had two in my rover boot it made the car shake [emoji38]
nathcarr
CB-Uk User

Post by nathcarr »

[emoji23][emoji23] class!! That's what I'm after something that will make all my internal organs feel like there coming out of my body haha [emoji23]

stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

I had a Fli Trap active sub in the boot of the corsa with 2 edge 6x9s in the shelf and it could shake the windscreen lol

Sent from my GT-I8200N using Tapatalk
johnny
Senior Moderator

Post by johnny »

If I was doing a sub install in a corsa I'd go for two 6'' or 8" and make some custom box's to fit in the corners so they don't use up to much of the limited boot space of the b

But then I use the boot regularly and a big sub box would no good
If it doesn't fit,
force it,
If it breaks,
andy w
CB-Uk User

Post by andy w »

Hence why I got rid couldn't get them in the boot [emoji38] but I tested them against my mates two jbl subs and mine out powered his with ease the power was that good off them they used to my my dash go dim [emoji38]