*Guide* corsa rear disc conversion

Step by step instructions on common tasks on your Corsa.

Moderator: Octane2097

PRICER
CB-Uk User

*Guide* corsa rear disc conversion

Post by PRICER »

For any one interested, btw this isnt mine i just found this on mig vauxhall and posted it on here for my reference :) and also for yours, :)

Converting a corsa B rear beam to discs.

First you get your donor beam,

This came from the k reg cavy sri I got my 2.0 16v from then you unbolt the hubs,

that lets you get at the spacer plate that is welded to the beam and has the holes with the with the hub to fit, carefully grind off the beads of weld from each side of the plate
(arrowed) try not to cut into the plates as you need them,

Then you get your corsa beam and you unbolt the drum hub and remove the spacer plates from the beam taking care not to grind into the beam this time ,chuck the small corsa plates and offer up the cavy plates you will see the difference right away,clamp the plate onto the beam , set it so that the plate is level with the top edge of the beam and the hole in the middle centred ,you have to be very accurate to get both sides the same as this affects where the wheels will sit in your arches but dont worry too much as theres not a lot of room on the beam surface so you can't go far wrong then weld the plates onto the beam.The hubs bolt through this plate so the welding does'nt have to be ship building standard just a zip up each side.

Then drill out the beam at the cavy spacings in the plate just welded on and opened out the centre hole to suit the abs type hub that later cavys and astras have, early mk2 gtes dont have the lump sticking out the back so will just bolt straight on (they also have bolts through the hub not studs and nuts like the cavy)

then bolt on the hub the top 2 nuts will need a bit of relieving cos they are very close to the edge of the beam now

TURBO LAG IS JUST FOREPLAY ;)

2.0 16v GSI SPORT TWIN WEBER 45'S AND KENT CAMS :]
pottsyscorsa
CB-Uk Newbie

Re: *Guide* corsa rear disc conversion

Post by pottsyscorsa »

how did u get the top bolts to fit, im duin 1 at the min using an astra g and its just like that, do u have to bend it out of the way or sumthing
PRICER
CB-Uk User

Post by PRICER »

bumpy, matt any chance of putting this in the propper "guide" section?
TURBO LAG IS JUST FOREPLAY ;)

2.0 16v GSI SPORT TWIN WEBER 45'S AND KENT CAMS :]
M4RSH4LL
CB-Uk User

Post by M4RSH4LL »

did u put urz on :O my beams different than that :( f**k! see the like pole thing running round back mines in the middel of the beam ( ps idc if i used the wrong word BEAM is the word im using :D ) :L
matty101
Senior Moderator

Post by matty101 »

PRICER wrote:bumpy, matt any chance of putting this in the propper "guide" section?
will sort it mate.
OFFICAL DVLA DATA:
1414 - corsa gsi's on the road in 2008.
735 - corsa gsi's currently on the road and 436 SORN
Basicly you would have to be a right tw*t to break one for parts :rant:

Thanks to everyone for an awsome weekend at pvs!