Motorbike Thread

Automotive topics & discussion.
stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Re: Motorbike Thread

Post by stanc3w0rks »

Yeah same kinda lights as your GS mate. I heard the bike start up and there is a serious bark out of it but didn't have a good look at it as I was distracted by his baby blade and bandit 6 haha. Yeah I'm allowed a 35kw bike but the cb500 is over 35kw stock. I think it has standard bars which looked pretty straight but I would put a rental bar on it for sure. I would have to put a topbox on the back of it for work but the givi monorack arms seem hard to get for the cb500.

Where's yours leaking from?

Sent from my G7-L01 using Tapatalk
nathcarr
CB-Uk User

Motorbike Thread

Post by nathcarr »

Hahah yeah the bandit would definetly distract me.... I seen a beautiful yellow bandit today just really stood out [emoji108]. Yeah you Gotta put renthals on for sure I think they just totally change the look of the bike. Yeah funny you say that because the givvi rack is hard to find for the gs aswell only once in a blue moon they show up but there's plenty of rentech ones I think that's what they call it but I've heard mixed reviews on them. Maybe worth a ratch about see if any others fit because the Er500 Kawasaki is a similar shape so maybe supports a similar monorack [emoji848]. Least with that race can on it should pop and crackle when you back off mine does [emoji108][emoji57]

Oh and my oil leak I think is my sump gasket that's away so as long as it's that it's an easy and cheap fix [emoji4] my pal so doing the calliper seals for me tomorrow, was gonna do it my self but running out of hours in a day lately but will have that back and fitted to bike by Saturday and then a full clean and polish because of on a ride out in Sunday [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

I will be lucky to get a top box with fitting kit for 200 quid and they all say 3-4 weeks for delivery. Might see can I get away with rentals and 1" risers because I don't wanna be lying over the tank like a sports bike. Hopefully it's a cheap fix for ya anyways lad :)

nathcarr
CB-Uk User

Post by nathcarr »

Cheers man fingers crossed [emoji106]. I've been having a search on the Internet for you as well lad and I can find any amount of top boxes but not with the fitting kit [emoji107] the only one I found was already on a CB 500 haha, but I will keep my eyes pealed for you lad. Oh you'll definitely get away with risers I have 15mm (half inch) risers on mine just these ones Image

Just Gotta make sure you get the 7/8 (22mm) ones because that's what size all the throttle and brake and clutch levers all are. You'll probably already know this stuff but I nearly made that mistake when ordering mine so wouldn't want that to happen to you [emoji4]

nathcarr
CB-Uk User

Post by nathcarr »

Put a little order In the other day and tret myself to these little beauts for the ped stumpy 2 finger levers [emoji108][emoji106]Image

stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

They look deadly :D

nathcarr
CB-Uk User

Post by nathcarr »

Cheers dude [emoji108] could of had them in blue but was an extra weeks wait and couldn't contain myself to not buy them haha so went black which will go better anyway because if I ever fancied a colour change again then at least they would still go [emoji4]

nathcarr
CB-Uk User

Post by nathcarr »

Seen this for sale on eBay......I'm so tempted

stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

Love that color. Looks mint too.

Done my IBT today and spent the day on this, it looks a bit rough and ready but it's quick and runs mint!

nathcarr
CB-Uk User

Post by nathcarr »

Ahh mate that looks beaut [emoji108] definitely prefer the chrome dominator headlights over the black ones I've got and that end can looks beasty haha [emoji57]. Pretty sure some auto glym on it mate would clean up very well pal.

I've got a question for you what you think on this Image
It's a Honda nc700x there 51bhp so need to fit a 1% throttle restriction but they have 20more ft/lbs of torque and top speed 125. Was thinking of maybe going to have a look at one and getting a test ride because I've always fancied a tourer something that would be mega comfy on a long journey and something that the missus would be comfy on too because she likes coming on the back of the bike and we did some decent miles a few year back. Plus it's quicker than the gs and I can ride it on my licence....win win [emoji4] what's your thoughts pal

stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

Yeah I know a lad who has an NC700 and it's an absolute beauty of a bike. I fell in love the minute I saw it, and even though it looks tall the lad who owns it is actually tiny and still manages to ride it. Honda make a newer NC750 now I think. I love adventure style bikes :D

stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

How much are they new over in the UK?

nathcarr
CB-Uk User

Post by nathcarr »

Sorry lad just seen your reply now....yeah I think I would probably have to go for the 750 version because I would feel like I wasted my money if I didn't hahaha. See I was never really interested in that kinda bike when I was younger but now I like to go out for a ride and not be flat out everywhere it would be nice to have one maybe do a little off roading and would be super comfy to ride even 2 up so in really fancying a one now I'm gonna go and see what there like. They do a DCT (dual clutch transmission) version as well which allows the rider to switch between manual and auto gear changes but not so kean on that idea because I like to change gear [emoji5].

I've been looking in eBay and you can pick a nc700 up for around 2800 upwards depending on wether it's got panniers and heated grips b all that on which seams a fare price there's a lot more at the 3500 mark though

stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

Don't think I would like the DCT models either ( they have an actual handbrake for parking lol )

That's a good price for the nc700!

Gonna try pick the CB up for the weekend, first thing it's getting is gold rentals lol

nathcarr
CB-Uk User

Post by nathcarr »

Eh....a handbrake??? That's insane kinda getting away from a bike there really isn't it. Yeah I can see why some people would like it and it's maybe quiet good for like off roading so you don't have to worry about changing gear but it's part of riding that for me like.

Yeah not a bad price either I don't think but Honda have some good pcp deals on at the moment so I might see what they are and you get a brand new one with that.

Ahhh nice mate gold renthals will set it off nice hope your getting it with the handlebar brace [emoji4][emoji106]