Motorbike Thread

Automotive topics & discussion.
stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Re: Motorbike Thread

Post by stanc3w0rks »

nathcarr wrote:I never even thought about the custom charges that's a bit of a pain [emoji107] a mate of mine is kinda my bike mechanic he's like one of the best in my area so I would just get him to set it all up for me, but there's a few lads on the gs500 forum saying like the bike will easily do 100 re jetted and I'm here like well mine does 115 already and another lad said that I should get 43.3 bhp but there 47 standard haha so I'm gonna see about getting it in dyno and doing a before and after run but from the sounds of it everyone on the forums gs must be broke or something haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My customs charges were 40% of the cost + delivery. So a 180euro monitor from Korea ended up costing 250. If it's an American forum their GS might be gimped for environmental bullshizz reasons.

Sent from my G7-L01 using Tapatalk
johnny
Senior Moderator

Post by johnny »

Import charges are 22.51 dollers, well that's what the ad on ebay says anyway

Like Stance said any engine in America is detuned to meet there strict low emission bullcrap

Sent from my SM-G900F
If it doesn't fit,
force it,
If it breaks,
It needed replacing anyway :thumbs:
nathcarr
CB-Uk User

Post by nathcarr »

Ahhh right yeah that makes sense because it is an American forum so majority of them on there are American, gonna try and look for some uk seller doing the jets to save on import charges might have a crack with my mate and see if he knows of anywhere there available at

stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

This any good to you?

http://www.mandp.co.uk/index.php/defaul ... t-kit.html

nathcarr
CB-Uk User

Post by nathcarr »

That's brilliant mate that's the exact kit [emoji108] hugely appreciated that mate saves a lot of researching for as, you just find this on the web??

stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

It's the only UK site I could find selling them.. I was bored on my lunch[emoji14]

nathcarr
CB-Uk User

Post by nathcarr »

Hahaha well I thought I would never say this but I'm glad you were bored because it found these jets [emoji23][emoji23] but honestly appreciate it mate [emoji106] I've just been reading through the gs forum and it seems like and r6 rear shock upgrade is more popular than a sv one so gonna have a look into it further

stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

No bother lad. Anxious to see how it turns out jetted [emoji106]

johnny
Senior Moderator

Post by johnny »

Had a run on a Honda 600f earlier today, have to say it's an awesome experience and I'm thinking about getting a bike licence

Sent from my SM-G900F
If it doesn't fit,
force it,
If it breaks,
It needed replacing anyway :thumbs:
nathcarr
CB-Uk User

Post by nathcarr »

Me too now stance mate get paid on Wednesday so that could be the day to buy them [emoji4] there's a local dyno so wouldn't mind getting a before and after print out be good to see what it's lost from new and where it's at afterwards.

Ahhhh good lad Johnny [emoji106] it is a decision that you will never look back on [emoji4]. Was it the cbr 600f because they are a beautiful bike the engines on them are bulletproof. I know you can make a car quick or get a fast car but I still think to this day nothing comes close to the power from a little 600cc engine or higher even that 500 of mine leaves most cars of the line just lacks the top end really

stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

johnny wrote:Had a run on a Honda 600f earlier today, have to say it's an awesome experience and I'm thinking about getting a bike licence

Sent from my SM-G900F
Do it. I was saying for years that I would get a bike on the road and then I had no choice but to. I'm glad now and don't even mind not driving a car.

stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

Might be swapping my Ybr for a 2002 CB500 :D I'm going up Friday to look at it.

nathcarr
CB-Uk User

Post by nathcarr »

Ahhhh nice one mate [emoji106] you won't regret it. Should still get a good price for the YBR mate, are they a twin them??

stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

Well I might be trading the Ybr. Yeah it's a twin, streetfighter style twin lamps, race use only exhaust and it's restricted to 25kw so I will be able to insure it and probably remove the restrictor :)

nathcarr
CB-Uk User

Post by nathcarr »

Ahhh sounds good mate yeah I would get the restrictors off first job haha just make sure you don't get caught with out restrictors on if it's over your licence restrictions I'm not sure on the laws over the water haha. Think there similar in bhp to mine from standard and mines 47 unrestricted from new and my licence allows me to ride up to 47bhp which is like 35kw I think.

The race only exhaust will be LOUD!!! [emoji57][emoji57] I like loud haha. Will be a cracking bike mate I like the sound of the street fighter lights and stuff has it got straight bars on?? Like renthals?? you'll have to post some pics up of it of you get it. [emoji4] I've just located an oil leak on mine now [emoji107][emoji107]