Motorbike Thread

Automotive topics & discussion.
nathcarr
CB-Uk User

Re: Motorbike Thread

Post by nathcarr »

Haha nice one man good idea [emoji106] a pin lock visor is just like an insert that goes on the inside of the visor and stops in steaming up, kinda like the fog city you can get but these are locked in place with rubber pins. Ahhh them sun visors are a handy thing to have I do wish mine had one.

There isn't any engine mods to the bike..... At the moment anyway haha but it's pretty much all new it has new filter and plugs and the carbs have been stripped ultrasonic cleaned and re built and the valve clearances have all been adjusted to how they should be because the twins are back for valve clearances slackening off. So it's pretty much running at how it was when new, so I think that's why it runs so well it's only 47bhp i think that's what they are standard, but mine does have a pipe workz exhaust system on too so that does help with it gas flow, I'd love to have it rejetted though [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

Hhmm no it's not a pinlock. Is that a deal breaker in your opinion?

Would you jet the carbs yourself?? Ya could get up to the 600cc race style bike power there.

Sent from my G7-L01 using Tapatalk
nathcarr
CB-Uk User

Post by nathcarr »

Oh no deffinetly not mate, there not an essential thing to have and this is the only helmet I've had that has this pin lock visor on but I think now I would struggle with out one. But that said mate you can buy a fog city that goes on the inside of the visor that does the same think there like 15 quid so I would look at them dude [emoji106]

Well a mate of mine is kinda my bike mechanic, he's possibly the best in the town, so I would probably get him to do that because I've messed about with carbs before and it's never ended well haha saying that I did strip and rebuild them myself, but your right mate I think if I went for a possible re-bore and re jetted carbs and a k&n filter I think that would be a massive increase in performance

stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

Jetting is probably the biggest performance mod for a bike.

I found a 150cc kit for my bike £70 new lol. If I ever damaged the piston or something I'll probably just get that and try find jets and a low restriction exhaust.

nathcarr
CB-Uk User

Post by nathcarr »

Yeah I'd love to know like how much of a difference it would make by just re jetting it, there's a forum I follow for gs 500s but it's stopped taking on new members so I can't comment and ask, but it's Gotta be noticeable anyway I would of thought.

Yeah you would be suprised how much just changing the exhaust makes a difference I remember when I had my cbr, 125 my mechanic mate told me that from the downpour right through to the tip of the tail pipe there where 8 catalysts/restrictors in just that small section so just by removing the end Can for something like an arrow one you get rid of them all and the difference in power is way better.

Ps just got myself some heated grips for the bike, a lot of my bike friends say, stop being a pansy but there brilliant highly recommend them [emoji106]

nathcarr
CB-Uk User

Post by nathcarr »

Had a bit of a moment in the bike today mate, was going to work down the bypass and was slowing down for the round about and then my front brake just lost all pressure and stopped working [emoji85][emoji85][emoji107]

Managed to get to work fine with no dramas and I've had a look and one of the seals in the calliper has just gave up and leaking fluid everywhere. Not a big job to sort but gonna have to do it as soon as definitely puts the poo up you a bit especially doing 90 and loose your front brake hahaha

stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

Yeah that would be pretty sketchy alright xD. I quite enjoy rebuilding callipers, we had to free out the pistons on a zx6r today after it had been parked up for the winter (thank God for the grease gun).
Passed my theory test yesterday and got insurance today. Tomorrow will be my first proper spin on a primary road, I have a 25min drive each way.

nathcarr
CB-Uk User

Post by nathcarr »

Ahhh that's great news man [emoji106] bet your pleased about that.

Yeah it's not s bad job doing callipers bike ones are quiet easy, well they are on mine because it's just one on the front to re bleed after wards.

I'm thinking of s change in bike though my mate came round to mine last night on his 2003 gsxr 600 k3 had a yoshi can on it and stuff and it's soooooo nice. He asked if I wanted a go to say thanks because I helped him through his test and let him do practice stuff on mine, so as it's rude to say no I did [emoji87]. And oh my god it was so nice to ride lovely and smooth with it being an inline 4 handled well and it went like stink, so after that all I've thought is I need something quicker haha

stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

Would love a spin on a gsxr. What bike you thinking of getting? I took the lads zx6r out for a rip and it was scary fast lol. I don't like the riding position on a sports bike though it just makes me wanna lie flat on the tank and fall asleep xD. I'm thinking a bandit 600 will be my next bike, I love the ybr but it's just so slow and the wind plays f**k with me cause it's so light.

nathcarr
CB-Uk User

Post by nathcarr »

I've no idea mate eh, I've been thinking about the cbr600f but not the new ones maybe like 2004-2006 or something I quite like the look of them and with being an f it's more upright than the 600r where I'd be on my wrists all the time.

Oh I bet it was mate, a lad I know who does track racing always said that the kawasaki is the menace of the 600s with stupid Power.

I always wanted a bandit and with my current bike being that kind of style (same make as well) kinda thought that would be my next step because there same sitting position and everything and sound beautiful with a pipe on but I dunno something keeps telling me to just go for a sports bike, but I think if I got one I would regret it with the riding position being low down especially on a long journey.

Oh I can imagine it's hellish when a wagon or something goes past you mate it was always bad on my 125 with wind like you say there just super light

stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

I'm going to save a couple hundred quid and buy a bandit or something that needs work for a project. No point me buying a mint one for big money just to go changing everything on it lol. Yeah I kinda like the newer CB's.. I'd love a 2015/16 Yamaha Mt-07, there like a naked yzf with a nicer riding position.

nathcarr
CB-Uk User

Motorbike Thread

Post by nathcarr »

Yeah you can get a bandit cheap enough now especially if your after a project one, there's loads you can do to them. I seen a one when I was out once and it had glass engine casings, was weird seeing the clutch and stuff all moving around, they are massively modify able.

Yeah I'm thinking something like this
Not necessarily them colours like There about 1500 for a good one so reasonably cheap but they hold there money well considering there about 12 year old now.

Yeah I do like the mt07 like you say just like a street fighter r1 kind off

stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

Yeah it's hard to beat the Honda's when it comes to bikes. Doesn't matter what colour you get you will end up spraying it anyway lol.

nathcarr
CB-Uk User

Post by nathcarr »

Haha that is a fare point everyone always says that to me, "you'll just end up painting it", perk of the job I suppose haha [emoji106] everything I've had motor wise I've never left the paintwork as was apart from the corsa I suppose because I haven't changed its colour but I have repainted it though so maybe that doesn't count

stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

Got these few bits for 20 euro so hopefully it's dry tomorrow and I can give the YBR a decent cleaning.