Motorbike Thread

Automotive topics & discussion.
EthanKing
CB-Uk Newbie

Re: Motorbike Thread

Post by EthanKing »

even if you just did the tail tidy, seat cowl and bellypan it would look awesome and be easily turned back to stock if ya ever wanted it.
Nathcarr91
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by Nathcarr91 »

Well yeah exactly mate, I'm definetly doing a belly pan because I want to keep all the crap of the road from the bottom of the engine come the winter. I'm really fancying a top box at the moment but not sure what one to get, any ideas dude??
EthanKing
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by EthanKing »

the only top boxes that I KNOW are good are givi. there are probably other good ones out there but I don't know for sure. I see Shad topboxes on quite a few bikes at rally's so I would guess they are decent! I miss my top box :(
Nathcarr91
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by Nathcarr91 »

See I've never had one before I've always used luggage like tank bags and stuff and ther good but I'm fancying a box now, like you say the only ones I know of too are givi but the bother I'm having is getting hold of the rack, givi only now make them for the 03-08 sv650 and there's none on eBay, my father in law has a givi box and plate I can have but just need a rack,

I can get a rentec one but I've heard a lot of folk complaining about them snapping which I don't fancy having.

Ahh right I'll have a look on the Internet at them now cheers dude,
Did you say a few posts back you couldn't get a one for your CB is that why you ain't got one now dude?!
EthanKing
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by EthanKing »

I actually found the monorack for my cb on eBay eventually but I'm getting by fine wearing a backpack which covers my big L on my back because I have to wear a learner vest haha
Nathcarr91
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by Nathcarr91 »

Haha oh well suppose that's a bonus, so how come you have to where a learner vest dude??

I went out and got myself a new tail pack yesterday and then came home and a lad on sv650.org was selling a monorack for my year of sv so I'm buying that 2 because I dunno when the next one of them will come along
EthanKing
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by EthanKing »

I'm on a provisional licence so have to wear a vest with L plates on it. clutch is slipping pretty badly on the CB, probably from all the burnouts, wheelies and drag launches:lol: have a clutch ordered for it and will be getting rid of it then as I'm bored of it. trying to get my hands on a road registered wr250f for a bit of fun :D
Nathcarr91
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by Nathcarr91 »

Ahhh right, that's decent for you though that you can ride bigger bikes because over here were only allowed to ride Upto 125cc on a provisional.
Hahaha yeah all that won't help dude but it's a cost I wouldn't mind paying for all that fun haha :D
A WR will be bags on fun mate you'll have no problem with wheelies in that, it should be easy enough to get a road registered one, even if you could do it yourself, I had an r6 track bike that I got road registered, it didn't have any lights or anything on, well a brake light and that was it, but I just got daytime MOT on it so didn't have to bother changing it all
EthanKing
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by EthanKing »

Yeah changed my mind ten times over already and deciding to keep the gsxr. I cut half the subframe off it today to get it ready for a new tail.

New clutch has been fitted to the CB so it's wheelie time again :lol:

Is Tapatalk ever going to be fixed ?? :(
Nathcarr91
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by Nathcarr91 »

Hahaha :D mate I'm the same myself I'm always changing my mind when it comes to the bikes I was getting 4 different bikes before I got the sv haha

Ooooo nice mate what kind of tail have you gone for??, haha get in!! I'm to trash to do wheelies like I done one once and it wasn't by accident I was messing about trying to do them and I gave myself a fright haha and never done one again haha used to do endo's all the time though :D

I've just booked my mod 1 yesterday for my progressive test so hopefully get them restrictors out the sv soon.

I know mate I wish it was I'm dying to start putting pictures and stuff up again :D when I last spoke to Johnny I think he did say that the admin where working on it so hopefully soon :) I think custom fighters is up and running again though is it??
EthanKing
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by EthanKing »

I have a plan for the tail and let's just say it will be, different :lol:

it will be like a new bike again with the restrictors out man.

I don't even know how to do an endo :P

yeah CF is weird because every month you have to sign in through a browser and vote for the fighter of the month before you can browse the forum on Tapatalk.
Nathcarr91
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by Nathcarr91 »

Ahhh spot on man, I went for a run out with the lads the other day up to this place called hartside.....lovely road it's like a racetrack but it's like 1900ft above sea level so it's a good climb, anyhow getting back to it, at the top there were a couple of custom fighters you know with them seat units that stick right up in the air and they had no lights on just a board across the forks with a number on haha they were well smart.

Oh I know I'm looking forward to getting them out now because with it being a V-twin there quiet lumpy running as it is bottom end but even worse with restrictor kit it.

Haha I used to do them all the time in my 125 and done a couple on the gs50" but to trash to do it on the sv I love it too much :D I've found best way to do them is like you kinda need to slow down to a crawl and then just ease the front brake on and kind lean over the tank while lifting your weight of the pegs, just the same as doing it on a push bike and then more front brake, it's quiet easy to do really, but I done it one day in the cbr125 being daft in front of my pals showing off and I was nearly over the top hahaha :D

I've just got the monorack fitted to the SV though so now just looking for a monokey box I tried my father in laws box on of his tiger and it fitted and it has a pad on in for pillions so got the missus to sit on the back and she said is was quiet comfy with the pad on so gonna look for something like that box and just paint the top half the same colour of the bike just for vanity haha
EthanKing
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by EthanKing »

I'm gonna be trying to endo it on the way home from work :lol:

that's a good idea about painting the box it will look slick.. There are any amount of the boxes on eBay.
Nathcarr91
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by Nathcarr91 »

Hahaha they get quiet addictive because there easier than a wheelie,

Yeah my father in laws box is coded to his tiger so it's silver on top and black on bottom so i think I'll do mine blue on top and black on bottom, yeah there is mate I'm just trying to decide which one to go for, I think I should get a double helmet one really
EthanKing
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by EthanKing »

yeah that way when you and the missus are out ya can fit both helmets in. or if your on your own ya can fit your own helmet and a few other bits too.