Motorbike Thread

Automotive topics & discussion.
stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Re: Motorbike Thread

Post by stanc3w0rks »

I must get a Haynes. Yeah dominator lamps on it. Could it be a blown fuse?

Sent from my G7-L01 using Tapatalk
nathcarr
CB-Uk User

Post by nathcarr »

There's every chance it could be lad because the dominators run 2 55w bulbs and the normal lamp runs 1 55w bulb they can drain your battery quicker and blow fuses so that would be the first thing to check any way lad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

Found 2 blown 10amp fuses. Going to replace them before work. With the dominators using an extra bulb would it be a bad idea to replace them with 20amp fuses?

nathcarr
CB-Uk User

Post by nathcarr »

That's what the problem will be then dude. I mean I would probably be a bit cautious putting a 20amp in just because if it's blowing 10s then there must be power going back down it somewhere and blowing but if you put a 20 in I don't know wether that would still blow if there is an electrical issue or just cause wires to melt or something, I would probably check the earth points and clean them up and replace with 10s see how long they last maybe to new bulbs because the contacts could be rusty or out, I would leave the 20 amp fuses as a last resort, however I'm sure mine are 15 amp for my headlights I'll have a check and dinner time for you dude [emoji4]

stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

Yeah sweet. All sorted now but still missing my brake light. Not sure if it's not coming on or constantly on but it should be an easy fix.

johnny
Senior Moderator

Post by johnny »

A single 55w bulb should pull around 4.58amps so running 2 55w's the surge of power turning them on would easily blow your 10 amp fuse, I'd fit a 15 amp fuse and if it blows there's an electrical problem

Sent from my SM-G900F
If it doesn't fit,
force it,
If it breaks,
It needed replacing anyway :thumbs:
stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

I'll go for 15amp if it blows again. It did happen when I went from dipped to full.

nathcarr
CB-Uk User

Post by nathcarr »

I checked mine dude and it's a 15 in mine with dominators must be 15 from standard on the gs because I've never changed it when I done the headlight swap, least you got it working though, would make sense it blowing when you go to full beam as it will probably be using more power and as Johnny said about the ampage per bulb which I didn't know and is handy to know it makes Sence that 10 is too low, so hopefully a 15 will sort it lad, if the brake light is on all the time just check the brake switches front and rear because my rear one always used to stick on think there adjustable

Nathcarr91
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by Nathcarr91 »

Had to make a new account because for some reason I can't seem to use Tapatalk anymore for the forum and I couldn't remember the password for my other user name so I'm on with a new account.

Anyhow been treating myself to a new bike stance lad, got an sv650s 2000 plate 7600 miles on clock FSH in Ming condition extras it has on are heated grips R&G crash bungs, Iridium screen and a carbon fibre rear hugger. 12 months MOT too :) Would put some pics on but I've no idea how too I hope the Tapatalk app sort out soon haha
EthanKing
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by EthanKing »

yo dude stanc3w0rks here.. can't login to my old account and Tapatalk has sh*t it's pants. how do you find the sv so far?
Nathcarr91
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by Nathcarr91 »

Heyy man I thought this was you dude......I've been using Tapatalk for my other forums (other than this one because like you say it's messed up) and I'm sure I've seen post of your bike in my feed on different forums but never been able to comment and say hello because not part of them forums, how's the CB going?? Did I see on another forum you have a cbr now?? Oh mate the sv is a dream I'm so pleased with it, it duffed a plug the first week having it which was a bummer I was passed myself haha, but it's all sorted now and like I say it's wicked I do still have the gs just now and I took it for an arse kicking the other day and it felt good but the sv is still waaaaaaay quicker and smoother better round corners and everything.

Good to hear from you again mate, done much with the CB lately??
Nathan
EthanKing
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by EthanKing »

ya probably seen it on TMBF? cb is running like a bag of sh*te! pretty sure it's only running on 1 cylinder but haven't had time to check it out. I went to look at the cbr but it was a bucket so bought a 91 gsxr 750 slingshot as a project. I'd say there is great comfort in the SV! I'm over on the custom fighters forum too those guys are crazy! actually the CF forum is playing up on Tapatalk for me now too :(
Nathcarr91
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by Nathcarr91 »

Oh that sucks to hear about the CB mate (thumbs down) I had that with the sv about a week in was firing on the back cylinder only was just a duff plug luckily, running a dream now :) ahhh think that's the one I seen the gsxr, because I was looking at my feed and seen this thread called Irish guy and I was a picture of your CB I think that was on custom fighters actually but I tried to reply on custom fighters on a post about your calliper but wouldn't let me reply kept say CF wants you to read a thread first so I done that read a one right through but still wouldn't work. What I was gonna say To you though when I done mine on the gs I took the blees screw out and got an airline end on and blasted 10bar of air straight out the compressor in to it they flew out haha.
EthanKing
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by EthanKing »

yeah I tried air on mine but wouldn't work.. I changed plugs today and went to clean carbs but all the screws were stripped so I just blasted carb cleaner down it but it didnt do much, until I was coming home from work and got a serious blast of power ;) got the restrictor out now too. hit 190km/h tonight. yeah custom fighters is weird I had to sign in through opera mini browser and vote on the winter build off before Tapatalk would work. I can't find a tail for the gsxr that I like at right money so might go bobber style with just a driver seat and no side fairings and jack the rear up.the less plastics the better since it's for learning to wheelie ;)
Nathcarr91
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by Nathcarr91 »

It will be much better without the restrictors in, they can sometimes cause more bother than they a worth to be honest, I've Gotta fit them to the sv because of stupid licensing laws over here that basically may aswell say yes Nath you have had a bike since you were 16 and have 7 years no claims but you need to restrict your bike but your mate can have a gsxr 600 who's only ridden for 2 months un-restricted because he's older :meh: ......rant over though haha. Bobber style would be really nice mate? Especially if there's no tails out there taking your fancy, I think and r6 5eb tail looks nice but not sure what it would be like on a gsxr. Plus like you say if you pump the back end right up it will be decent for wheelies that way too, slot of my mates jack there's up because they say it's easier to wheelie, so that's a bonus for you :) I'm always go trash to try one hahaha