Motorbike Thread

Automotive topics & discussion.
stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Re: Motorbike Thread

Post by stanc3w0rks »

On the 125 I have a top box and it's extremely handy for throwing the helmet and gloves into when in the shops or at work but the CB has nothing. Givi monorack and topbox will cost me 215e delivered but I was thinking of just getting an Oxford b25 backpack for 70e. I toyed with the idea of a tank bag but keep thinking it would either be too small of get in the way. How secure is the tail pack? Not keen on having a bag on the back after seeing my mates gear bag full of beer and a tent lock up his back wheel at 120mph, luckily he was going in a straight line and he somehow managed to keep the bike up!

Nahh it's just a bike meet, should be 150-200 bikers down and most of them camp out in a field. There's usually a big tent with a band and a food van etc. Each club host their own so there's one on every few weekends over the summer all over the country.

Sent from my G7-L01 using Tapatalk
nathcarr
CB-Uk User

Post by nathcarr »

Ooo that sounds a bit of a ropey moment locking the back wheel up at 120.....id of been bricking it haha!! Yeah j mean I have this tail pack Image and it is very good it has 2 bungee cords on the base that I hook onto my luggage pins that are on the frame and it also has a bit that velcros around the seat so I put that in first clip the seat back in the. Bungee on and it doesn't budge. It is handy as a tank bag but it does get in the way after a while. I mean for back and forward to work I use this all the time and wouldn't change only thing is you can get your lid in it but mines kept in my locker but when I'm off out on the bike I have a little Oxford hip bag that is decent will hold a spare visor but I use it for my wallet phone little can of visor clean and chain Lube and that's decent for a day out on the bikes with the lads where we are just gonna get something to eat out n that.

Ahhh that bike rally sounds like it should be a decent event then pal hope the weather stays good for ya, we have crap weather at the moment. But should be really good especially with the band and beer tent [emoji108]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

nathcarr wrote:Ooo that sounds a bit of a ropey moment locking the back wheel up at 120.....id of been bricking it haha!! Yeah j mean I have this tail pack Image and it is very good it has 2 bungee cords on the base that I hook onto my luggage pins that are on the frame and it also has a bit that velcros around the seat so I put that in first clip the seat back in the. Bungee on and it doesn't budge. It is handy as a tank bag but it does get in the way after a while. I mean for back and forward to work I use this all the time and wouldn't change only thing is you can get your lid in it but mines kept in my locker but when I'm off out on the bike I have a little Oxford hip bag that is decent will hold a spare visor but I use it for my wallet phone little can of visor clean and chain Lube and that's decent for a day out on the bikes with the lads where we are just gonna get something to eat out n that.

Ahhh that bike rally sounds like it should be a decent event then pal hope the weather stays good for ya, we have crap weather at the moment. But should be really good especially with the band and beer tent [emoji108]

Yeah I can get a decent sized tail pack for 115e. Yeah it was proper snowing here yesterday and it's been P*ssing down and hailstones the last few days.

nathcarr
CB-Uk User

Post by nathcarr »

Yeah that's what it's been like here too, this weather needs to disappear like its meant to be nearly summer!! About an hour ago I dropped the bike dude [emoji22][emoji22] didn't come off it m I was just pushing it to the back garden from my front and I went to turn it around to the back of the house and I dunno what happened it just started to go [emoji107] luckily looks like only a bar end scrape because I more or less let it fall on me it didn't thud the ground it may aswell of been placed down but what I was gutted about was today was the first time I've used super unleaded in the bike and I lost a little bit [emoji22]

stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

Ahh sick dose lad :( hopefully just a bar end, as long as the paintwork is all good! Good job it's a naked bike so less plastics to break haha.

nathcarr
CB-Uk User

Post by nathcarr »

Ano man was wounded but like like you say least with it being a naked bike the bar end took the weight and was no plastics to be damaged.......phew!! And the paintwork seems fine gonna give it the once over today, if the weather over your end is like over here today be a good day for your rally pal [emoji106][emoji4]

nathcarr
CB-Uk User

Post by nathcarr »

Went to Honda to have a look at the 750x this morning......[emoji7] really nice it wasn't the DCT version just the normal one with abs, was really nice lovely seating position and stuff so got a couple of brochures to flick through and all the different finance packages they so least I can have a bit weigh up of what costs are and stuff [emoji4]

stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

Only recovering now from the weekend lol. You gonna go for the Honda? I got mine Saturday and brought it up to the rally. Decent spin on the way up just took it handy enough but thrashed it on the way home Sunday lol. One of the lads has a cbr600 and could only catch me on the straights, I'm restricted to 85mph too :( should do 110mph when I pull out the washers.

nathcarr
CB-Uk User

Post by nathcarr »

Hahaha I bet it was a blast of a weekend mate. Everything go spot on with the bike running wise lad?? Yeah with the 500s being a twin they have like bags of torque for what they are for off the mark and out of corners so will keep up no problem with the big boys but like you say it's just that top end speed that sucks [emoji107] I mean I got lucky with mine because from standard the gs is 47bhp (35kw) so I don't need restrictors and mine pulls 115 like flat out getting no more but with the renthals on and a sitting position not so aero dynamic as the original it's now more like 110 so with them washers out lad you'll get that no problem like plus you'll have an increase in pulling power so it's beneficial all the way plus I think the CB is more Hp than the gs anyway so be good [emoji4], yeah I think so mate, well..... I dunno that 500 of mine has just this hold over as haha.

stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

Yeah I'm having problems with the lights on mine. Coming in from work there my headlights and brake light stopped working. Still have parks and tail light so not too bad.

nathcarr
CB-Uk User

Post by nathcarr »

Hmmm that's odd....does the brake switch on the front still click when you press it because if it doesn't then that's the brake light issue sorted it'll be brake switch unless bother bulbs have just gone at the same time, should be easy sorted for you though lad [emoji4]

stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

I've hardly lost brake light and both headlight bulbs at the same time lol. I'd say it's some dodgy wiring done tbh. Doubt both my brake switches have gone too. Really wanna go at it now but it's pitch black out lol.

nathcarr
CB-Uk User

Post by nathcarr »

Yeah I honestly though that would be just really unlucky to loose both at the same time hopefully something simple like a bad earth or something. Hahaha yeah I get like that, when I know something needs doing i just need to be at it haha

stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

Problem is I'm really bad at wiring lol. Since it was streetfighted, whoever done it probably made a bodge of the wiring I would imagine

nathcarr
CB-Uk User

Post by nathcarr »

Haha that makes two of us then dude [emoji85]!! Yeah that's the only bother because it's been tampered with could be all over the place the wiring, can you get a Haynes for yours?? That would keep you right with the wiring I would say. Is it on dominator lights??