Motorbike Thread

Automotive topics & discussion.
stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Motorbike Thread

Post by stanc3w0rks »

Anyone ride a bike here? Care to share pics and experiences? :) going for my theory test in 2 weeks so hopefully I pass and can buy my first road bike :D

Sent from my G7-L01 using Tapatalk
nathcarr
CB-Uk User

Motorbike Thread

Post by nathcarr »

Ahhhhh yes finally some bike people [emoji41][emoji41][emoji41][emoji12] here's mine pal gs 500 totally renovated been riding bikes since I was 17 and got my bike license before my car licence

Before pic 2 years ago after I passed my test

Then after being stripped down and frame all blasted painted and restored

Massive spec for a bike it's age goes like stink 120 flat out but quick getting there
I pay 97 quid a year for my insurance with everything declared on insurance and DVla know of colour change too

Good luck with your test pal awesome having a bike licence it's a sense of freedom you don't get from a car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Re: Motorbike Thread

Post by stanc3w0rks »

That GS looks great, I prefer the twin lamps on the front, just needs a mask now[emoji14]did you put the straight bars on yourself?

I'm looking at buying a 2016 CB125F.

nathcarr
CB-Uk User

Post by nathcarr »

Cheers man [emoji106] I get a bit of mixed reviews on it because I know it's not to everyone's taste and is a bit old but I love it, the best bike I've had, it hadn't been started from October to January and went to it fired up right away super reliable [emoji108].

Yeah I done the bars my self mate bought some bar raisers and some 22mm bars and just swapped everything over its a super easy job to do especially on mine because there were holes in the top yolk to accept the raisers, and I've got my eye on like a street fighter style screen which should change the look a lot and want a belly pan on it as well

Ahhh nice bike mate I went to test ride the cb500f and it was belter so smooth and effortless to ride and the abs made braking a dream, so I would imagine it being the same I had a cbr 125 2008 plate as my first bike Went all over with my pals on the 125s

It had an arrow exhaust on it sounded wicked and I made all the grey and black parts all white

This was it the day I got it

And the day I sold it

nathcarr
CB-Uk User

Post by nathcarr »

Also had an fzr 400 bought as a project that my mate had written off basically by putting it through a wall, had to get shot because it never ran properly if I'd spent half the money on the engine and leaving it standard it would of ran fine probably he's some pics
This was before I decided to street fight it and was making it standard again
Then after I started street fighting it and before I sold it

stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

I've never seen that headlight on the fzr it looks great! I taught myself to drive on an fzr600, dude that thing was fast for a first time rider haha.

I'm kinda torn between two bikes now. I can either get the 2016 CB125F and keep it for a few years or get a 2007 YBR125 w/ 5000 on the clock for 1700e and get a bigger bike in a year's time. Going to look at the Ybr when I get a chance.

nathcarr
CB-Uk User

Post by nathcarr »

Yeah the headlight did look kool, but wasn't very bright I think it was literally for day time use only, still looked sweet lit up on a night. The fzr 600 is insanely my mate had one after his 400 and I had a go on it before it knackered up and it was scary quick.

If I was being truthful dude I would go with the YBR, my reasons for this are, if your like any other biker, you will be bored of it in about a year (not because it's a bad bike because it's not my mate had one and it done him 2 years before he passed his test and we went all over on it) but no matter what bike you get everyone wants something quicker because you get used to the speed, it's just an addiction thing haha, and in a years time you will probably almost get what you paid for the YBR back when you sell it whereas the cbf being a new bike will massively depreciate in a years time. Both be cracking bikes but I wouldn't want to put all my money into a 125, just a little food for thought buddy [emoji106]

stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

nathcarr wrote:Yeah the headlight did look kool, but wasn't very bright I think it was literally for day time use only, still looked sweet lit up on a night. The fzr 600 is insanely my mate had one after his 400 and I had a go on it before it knackered up and it was scary quick.

If I was being truthful dude I would go with the YBR, my reasons for this are, if your like any other biker, you will be bored of it in about a year (not because it's a bad bike because it's not my mate had one and it done him 2 years before he passed his test and we went all over on it) but no matter what bike you get everyone wants something quicker because you get used to the speed, it's just an addiction thing haha, and in a years time you will probably almost get what you paid for the YBR back when you sell it whereas the cbf being a new bike will massively depreciate in a years time. Both be cracking bikes but I wouldn't want to put all my money into a 125, just a little food for thought buddy [emoji106]

Yeah the fzr 600 has serious power for its size. When I learned to ride on it I used to just go up and down the road in 1st, 2nd and 3rd but trying to keep the front wheel down after each gear change was a challenge on its own lol. I will probably go for the ybr for the reason you said. I've never ridden a bike smaller than a 400cc so I will probably get sick of the 125cc pretty quick tbh.
Just need to find the time to go look at the bike.

stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

Okay so had a chat to the guys selling the YBR125. It's 2007, Silver with 5400Km on the clock, 2 previous owners who were both local to the seller. He assured me the bike is in immaculate condition and will take €1600 for it. My boss is going down in the morning with the van while I cover his shift at work to pick it up for me.

nathcarr
CB-Uk User

Post by nathcarr »

Ahhhh nice one pal [emoji108] seems a legit deal quite low mileage that as well for its age and at a fare price [emoji106] so will you be able to get on it right away I'm not sure of the laws over your way we can ride any 125 from 17 as long as we pass a CBT and we use L plates

stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

It's being sold by a small motorbike dealership, they took it as a trade in and the bike was originally sold by them in 2007 so they know the bike. If I pass my theory test Monday week I can hop straight on. By rights we are meant to do an IBT course first but most insurance companies give you a month or two to do it.

stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

Bosses van broke down on the way to get my bike this morning but one of the lads gave him his van so I got the bike :)
Only marks on it are a pretty light scrape on the front mudguard and the rubber on the left peg is torn, doesn't look bad enough to have been dropped. The rear rim is marked all the way around where they changed the tyre with levers by hand but at least they put a brand new Metzler on it ( it's a proper old school shop ) so here's some pics.

stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

Edit: cost me €1550, it's fully serviced and a 3 month mechanical warranty.

nathcarr
CB-Uk User

Post by nathcarr »

Ahhh nice one mate [emoji106][emoji108] you got that bike at a very good price IN my opinion, it's looks nice and clean, got any plans for it as far as modifications go or you just gonna leaves it as is and save the money and mods for your bigger bike?? Bet you can't wait to get out on the road on in, I'm dying to get on mine menna be doing a charity ride Easter weekend so that's should be pretty fun about 300 bikes going so far

stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

Cheers dude. Don't think I'm going to mod this one just drive it for a year and get a 400cc or something.