Ideas for my corsa b

Automotive topics & discussion.
War
CB-Uk Newbie

Ideas for my corsa b

Post by War »

Hi all,

So I brought my first car, corsa 1.4 cdx m reg she's only got 64000 miles on the clock, really tidy inside almost brand new a few patches of rust nothing major tho all surface (ATM anyway) I'm a slight novice and of course being young I want to tat her up a little bit so I'm just looking for some general ideas of thing I can do tbh ATM the car is standard! I've only had to change the rocket cover gasket since I've had her witch is as you will know cheap and easy fix,according to the service book the cambelt was down at 30 thousand miles when does it need doing again?

Also it says cdx on the v5 but says LS on the doors, bit weird? The vin number matches ect

Thanks in advanced
nathcarr
CB-Uk User

Ideas for my corsa b

Post by nathcarr »

Welcome man
Cam belts usually every 60000 miles or 6 years I think which ever comes first. That's just what I've always been told.
You have any ideas in mind for what you wanna do?? Everyone is different when it comes to modifying, debadged grille and wind deflectors make a massive difference to the look of the car, there loads of project threads on here for inspiration buddy look forward to seeing what you do [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
andy w
CB-Uk User

Re: Ideas for my corsa b

Post by andy w »

Welcome to the site buddy :) which front bumper is on it (pic it up) as iirc the cdx should have a different bumper to the standard I will find a pic to show uou
If it ain't green and black send it back :D
War
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by War »

I'm thinking about maybe gettin the bonnet and roof blacked out? Possible a vinyl preferably Matt black also tint the rear window also want some black rear lights as well as halo black front ones I want them as black as the law lets me

Also Andy il get a picture tomorrow as its dark now

andy w
CB-Uk User

Post by andy w »

Image this is the cdx bumper also is it a 5 or 3 door
War
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by War »

It's a 3 door mate I'm pretty sure that's not the bumper on my car tho

andy w
CB-Uk User

Post by andy w »

If it aint the same buddy that is a shame as these are pretty rare to get hold of and tbh I think look pretty cool compared to standard if you need ideas look at my old project thread as be happy for you to use any ideas I did on yours
War
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by War »

Il get a photo of her in the morning just to be sure we'll probably afternoon it will be dark when I leave, it just bugs me why it says LS on the doors and cdx on the logbook? I've insured her as a cdx to cover my own back my mate said to me that some one could of put new doors on this the car has only had 4 owners

andy w
CB-Uk User

Post by andy w »

Johnny will be the best one to help badge wise as he is pretty knowledgeable but the main bulk ive ever seen did have the cdx badge on but I do think there were some that were labelled ls but not to sure
nathcarr
CB-Uk User

Post by nathcarr »

War wrote:I'm thinking about maybe gettin the bonnet and roof blacked out? Possible a vinyl preferably Matt black also tint the rear window also want some black rear lights as well as halo black front ones I want them as black as the law lets me

Also Andy il get a picture tomorrow as its dark now

Should look good buddy I have Angel eyes on mine and they look the part like but do fancy a set of morettes from time to time

War
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by War »

I'm gonna try not to spend to much money on her but it's hard not to aha

nathcarr
CB-Uk User

Post by nathcarr »

Hahaha feel your pain man mine was just gonna be a winter/work hack now it's my pride and joy and the missus goes daft on the time and money spent on it [emoji23]

johnny
Senior Moderator

Post by johnny »

Cdx is top model even came with the option of leather seats, so easiest way to tell is if you have electric mirrors and windows it's a Cdx and if it's an ls(lowest spec) it won't have a whole lot other than seats and a steering wheel

As for the pics andy posted there pre 97 irmy bumper trims, worth a mint to the right people
If it doesn't fit,
force it,
If it breaks,
It needed replacing anyway :thumbs:
War
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by War »

Nah I don't have any of the above mate, is it worth ringing dvla and sayin my car is a ls

stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

Might be more trouble than its worth? They will probably tell you its been modified and all that..

Sent from my GT-I8200N using Tapatalk