Exhaust Muffler

Automotive topics & discussion.
amwatton
CB-Uk Newbie

Exhaust Muffler

Post by amwatton »

Looking for an exhaust muffler that'll make my car sound a bit nicer, deeper, and a little bit louder. Not out to sound like a thousand angry bees and annoy my whole neighbourhood, just want something that sounds nicer. Want one that just bolts on to the exhaust without any welding, as I can't weld and don't have the equipment. Any recommendations?
Barraclough
CB-Uk User

Re: Exhaust Muffler

Post by Barraclough »

I had a Sportex back box with race tube on my Corsa, sounded really deep and throaty but a bit to loud.
johnny
Senior Moderator

Post by johnny »

Best I've had for a subtle amount of noise was a powerflow s/s back box and s/s mid pipe with mid box, it still sounded nice when I took the stainless mid off for standard mid

The sportex with a standard mid section isn't great imo but with a sport mid section with a smaller mid box it sounds good without being ott loud

I've a sportex box with straight mid pipe atm and I wouldn't change it unless I went back to stainless with straight mid, but I like it louder [emoji38]
If it doesn't fit,
force it,
If it breaks,
It needed replacing anyway :thumbs:
coupe77
CB-Uk User

Post by coupe77 »

Sportex back box and race tube are very loud
If you can go for the powerflow they sound a nice deep sound the sportex are loud and have a rasp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jeacotts-motors/611022572351820